“OK for short stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Arles

You added Ibis Arles to your Saves list
Ibis Arles
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Gerard Gadiot | Centre Commercial Fourchon, 13200 Arles, France   |
Ranked #32 of 58 Hotels in Arles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

With easy access off the dual carriageway the hotel is situated in woodland giving shade from the hot sun and eliminating traffic noise - The staff were friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and comfortable - The old city of Arles is 20 mins way on foot but is well worth the effort - The only down side was while the food was excellent value the service although initially good was practically non existant due, we think, to the arrival of a coach party and we were left to wait over an hour for our dessert course - Hopefully this was a one off and we would definitely stay there again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been using this hotel for over twenty years -- long before it became an Ibis. The walk into town takes about twenty minutes but, on the other hand, there is free parking at the hotel.
The service is excellent. I would recommend this hotel for a stay in Arles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

The hotel staff were very helpful, and english speaking. I was travelling with a bike, and I was able to store it in a downstairs room. This was really useful. The hotel is not far from the town, and I used my bike to travel into the town. Walking was quite possible, but it would have been time consuming. The room was basic, clean and comfortable. The swimming pool was very welcome. The food was good, and the breakfast was particularly good, with self service and a wide range available. I would recommend this hotel as a basic base for Arles. I had my own transport, and did not check to see if local buses were available. Too far too casually walk into Arles.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
HK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Not bad in general. Quite convenient to Arles city if you have a car. Staff are nice. Cleanliness have to be improved as dead bodies of insects are found. After all, it is a fairly good hotel for low budget.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

On arrival this hotel appeared to be dated. The reception was dark and not very inviting. There was no lift. Our room was small but adequate. The swimming pool was a nice idea - although it was a little noisy (due to the road nearby) and as there were a lot of shrubs/bushes near it there were a lot of flies about.

It was nice having free parking and it was only a short drive to the city.

When we went to the restaurant, I thought we were going to be a long time as there was only one waitress working. However she was very friendly and efficient, as were the bar staff, so we enjoyed a pleasant meal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Belton, Texas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Is there such a thing as a rude welcome? Maybe I should say, "upon arrival I was treated very rudely." This hotel is gated. When I arrived I pushed the button to get in gate and the man would only speak French to me. I said the word, "reservation," which I knew he understood but he would not let me in. I waited a full five minutes or longer just sitting at the gate trying to figure out if my car wasn't close enough to open the gate or if the guy was just being a jerk. He was being a jerk which I found out later.
I pulled away from the gate to make a call to cancel this reservation and to try to secure another hotel. I also texted my boyfriend to enlist his help and he texted back that when he called the hotel the guy on duty did indeed speak English "but he had an attitude." I didn't feel safe where I was so when I pulled out to go to a safer feeling location I was pulled over by an unmarked car with plain clothes police officers- which was a bit scary since I am American and I couldn't be sure they were really the police. They had lights on their car that they flashed and they showed me ID. They were indeed officers and after I explained what I was doing sitting in the dark after midnight near the hotel they had me follow them back to the hotel. When we pulled up to the gate there was another elderly couple being given a hard time at the gate...I had my window down and couldn't hear much but could sense their frustration. The police got us all in and spoke to the guy at the desk. The guy tried to play it off like he didn't do anything wrong but I didn't let him get away with it....I said, "You understood me and just left me out there. That was very wrong of you." He didn't bother explaining anything about wifi, breakfast, etc. Just handed me my key.
Although I am angry over the way the staff member treated me upon check in I assure you this in no way affects my rating of the room. The room smelled musty with possibly a lingering dog odor...The carpet needed replacing. I had to sleep with the window open for fresh air which let the cool air out of the room. I don't like that these hotels (I have stayed in a few Accor hotels) don't have top sheets and just a duvet....Do they really pull the duvet covers off and wash them? I sure hope so....Both the bathroom and counter tops of bedroom shelves seemed very clean which made me feel a bit better.
The breakfast was a good value and the morning staff lady was pleasant.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Ibis Arles? Share your experiences!