“Comfortable hotel with great service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Arles Plaza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Avenue Sadi Carnot, 13200 Arles, France   |
Ranked #25 of 57 hotels in Arles
West Sussex
“Comfortable hotel with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

we stayed here for four nights and would recommend it. the recently renovated rooms have every mod con and we were put in one initially. It was a bit small for my husband and I as we are messy people and they happily changed rooms for us ( and took all the luggage) on the second night. Good beds, swimming pool OK but a bit Claustrophic. lovely to arrive back to the airconditoned bliss of the large reception room after a hard morning's sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
laparicio, General Manager at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Client,
Thank you for your support through your comments at our discretion.
It is very nice to measure the satisfaction of our customers and take your comments our areas for improvement to satisfy you even more every day.
So thank you very much for being kind enough to express yourself on the Trip Advisor website to let us know your feelings and also to inform our clients and future clients.
I hope to welcome you personally on your next stay and am at your disposal to complete it.
In anticipation of seeing you, receive my best regards.

178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cruzy, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

A quiet hotel only 10 minutes' walk from the centre of Arles. A reasonably spacious room with coffeee making facilities and large, walk in shower (well worth the small extra cost) made for an enjoyable stay. The included breakfast option made it a very good value package. Free parking was also included. Will book here next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
laparicio, Sales Department at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,
Great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in our property.
We will be delighted to welcome you back ! We stay at your disposal should you need any future reservation.
Very best regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

As a previous reviewer mentioned, the reception looks great, very stylish....then.....you go to your room; reminded me of a Motel in an old movie that had not moved on, awful, very tired and cheap, our room had a bath with a shower attachment. The fridge looked like it was from 1950 and was so hot I thought it was a cooker!!! Why they tried to enclose it in a wooden case I have no idea, it just made it over heat. Needless to say we went back down to reception to ask for a room with a shower. Phillipe was very helpful, he offered us a 'modern' room for an extra 10 Euros per night, we checked one out, it is actually the one in the photo for this hotel, black headboard, much, much better. Why they do not spend money on this hotel I dont know. We never had breakfast here or ate here, however, it seems they generate a lot of money by having tour buses stop over, but again, the seats in the dining room are cheap plastic ones like you had at school

There was one particular member of staff that was really miserable, not helpful at all, a very negative attitude, sorry don't know his name, but he is good at shrugging his shoulders!

As for location, I must say it was very good, credit where credit is due. We used the hotel for a base to explore Provence and it worked out well for us, especially in the 'modern' room! Oh and the rooms are immaculate, very, clean and cleaned daily....Would we stay here again..no,not unless it is updated.....

Room Tip: Ask for a 'Modern' or 'Comfort' room will cost an additional 10 Euros per night
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I thank you for your comment and I am glad you enjoyed staying with us for discover Provence.
I hope to welcome you back soon in our property. We have an ideal room category for you for your future stays, and all rooms are totally refreshed.
We stay at your entire disposal should you need more information.
Best regards
Sale, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

we booked this Hotel mainly as it advertised outdoor Swimming Pool
But we found out that it has a retractable roof which the hotel reception Staff are Reluctant to open.
6 days we stayed and 6 days we had to ask out of the 6 they opened the roof just 3 times and on every occassion they came up with Excuse Its too windy or it is going to Rain or it Rained Yesterday which it never did.
They also advertise a bar which was never Open
The Breakfast was Sub standard
The Manageress was a waste of Time.Not interested in our complaint
Annoying thing was it took only 10 minutes to open the roof
Apart from That the Hotel was Modern the Room was spacious and the Location Excellent
The Fitness Suite Couldn't gain access so cant comment

Room Tip: Cant Complain about the Room we Had OverLooked Front of Hotel there is a busy Road but Couldnt hear...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I thank you for posting your comment on your stay at the Best Western Atrium.

Customer satisfaction is a priority for us and I thank you for your constructive feedback.

I am very sorry for the experience you had, be assured that improvement will be done to avoid this in the future.

Feel free to contact, looking forward to welcoming you for another stay in Arles next summer.

Best regards

Worcester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Nice hotel refurbished in modern style 5mibs walk from the centre has free secure parking. Rooms spacious simply furnished but have tea and coffee facilities. Thy even provided mosquito repellant wipes a real bonus as I had forgotten to take anything. I would recommend for a city break, they have a pool too.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
laparicio, Manager at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Madam,

Thank you for sharring yopur comments with us. I am pleased to read your staisfaction about our services and location.
I hope to see you soon in our sunshinny city next to our swimming pool.
Best regards,
houston, tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Overall I was pleasantly surprise (and relieved). Our workshop was initially booked into the Atrium Best Western, who at the last minute apparently mishandled the reservations and we were moved to the Hotel Arles Plaza, a sister hotel. I was alarmed because the Tripadvisor reviews were not friendly, forecasting an unsavory location and unpredictable air conditioning. Located next to the motorway, some of the workshop participants did complain about the noisy traffic and concerts broadcast from the Antique Theater. I was among the lucky to have a renovated room that wrapped around the center of the building, and my windows opened up to a protected rooftop. Our air conditioning did quit working on a Sunday late afternoon and we were told we would have to wait until a technician could come the next day. Luckily it started back up on its own, a phenomenon we were told was not uncommon in the city during the heat of summer.
As for the location, it may have not been on the main street, Clemenceau, as was the Best Western, but it was nevertheless only a 5 minute walk through a safe, albeit not particularly scenic neighborhood. Once at the edge of the old center of the city, everything is in walking distance. The free red bus to the train station stops on Clemenceau not far from the point where the street to the hotel intersects.
Although the staff was initially easily rattled and somewhat grumpy, they were eventually friendly in their own restrained way, offering to put my few groceries in their fridge when I realized the little wee fridge in my room wasn't plugged in, and that the closest plug was a dud. Although they arranged to have that fixed, once repaired, the fridge overheated in the small cubby where it was situated, so I unplugged it to avoid a fire.
The fitness center is rarely used (probably because you get a great workout walking around town) but it requires the concierge for access and inside there is a treadmill, rowing machine, bicycle and (not electic) elliptical. Stuffy, but sufficient.
Breakfast was generous and varied: the usual cereals and fruit, but they also offered unpredicatble scrambled eggs which on some days had grown leathery in a bowl over lukewarm water with sausages that looked like bright pink frankfurters. But there were tomatoes, salami, fruit, rolled slices of deli-meat, delicious bread, gorgeous chunks of brie and packages of edam. I can't complain. And I'd forgotten how absolutely delicious coffee can be with a great slosh of warm whole milk.
By the end of our stay, I had grown fond of the place and the staff had grown friendlier. They do, however, live by the book. If check in time is 3, they would refuse to check to see if a room was ready until then. If I needed to keep my room 15 minutes past check out because I needed to make a quick trip to the ATM before catching the train, too bad. I had to vacate and put my bags in the holding room. I don't know if that script-like rigidity is typical of the hotel policy, Provence, or France, but they were more than happy to call me a cab, and I was sorry to go.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
laparicio, Responsable commercial at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Madam,
Regarding the Workshop finished a few days ago, we are really confused if the information sent to the participants by the organizers was not correct.
We remain confident that having several intermediaries in the organization of events, can sometimes be confusing.
On the various facilities and services for which you don't hide your disappointment or insatisfaction, again, please accept our most apologies. Just a bad mark to break the agreement.
We hope to see you again at our hotel, to show you that our services and staff are height up to your expectations.
Regards.
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

From the outside it doesn't look very nice, but don't be fooled. The lobby is modern and nicely decorated, and there's a small outside pool. The room is OK. Only problem (slightly) is that there's only a hand hold shower... a bit of a hazzel. No noice, even though our room faced the street and trafic light. A 10 min walk take you to the center of old Arles. The parking is free.
There was a small gym which was nice - you don't find that in many french hotels.

Room Tip: We were given a triple room, and the bed we didn't need took up quite some space. So try to avoi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
laparicio, Directeur général at Hotel Arles Plaza, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear Sir, Madam,
Thank you for your impressions regarding your stay in our hotel. I'm delighted that you appreciated our services.
I look forward to welcoming you back, with my team, for a next pleasant stay with us.
Cordially.

Been to Hotel Arles Plaza? Share your experiences!