“Beautifully Restored Country Chateau” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mas Petit Fourchon

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arles
Mas Petit Fourchon
You added Mas Petit Fourchon to your Saves list
1070 Ch de Nadal, 13200 Arles, France   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 46 Arles B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wayne, New Jersey
“Beautifully Restored Country Chateau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

A beautifully restored country chateau with lovely gardens. The bedrooms are large with high ceilings and massive original exposed beams. They are decorated with tasteful antiques and the colors of Provence. Our hostess Pasquale, who speaks perfect English, was charming and helpful, directing us to quaint villages and an excellent restaurant as well as local vineyards.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nairobi, Kenya
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed there for 2 nights and we couldn't have chosen a better place to relax after a long road trip from Barcelona and on our way to Paris. We were warmly received and made to feel right at home as soon as we arrived. The couple who run it are very nice,friendly and very helpful. The rooms are clean and spacious and good value for your money. Would definitely stay here again! :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I've just come to Carcassonne from Arles where I stayed. Though I was bitten by mosquitoes, I can tell you this is such a wonderful place to stay. Before staying, I had thought the price for a single room is expensive but the gogeous rural surroundings changed my mind compeletly. The price is reasonable. Plus, you can have the good host and hostess called Antonio and Pascal who are truly trained to help and serve people. I stayed six nights and I'm pretty sure I will stay there with my friends for next time.

• Stayed September 2012
Upper Saddle River, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I have just returned from spending 6 nights at the Mas petit Fourchon in Arles. We can't speak highly enough about the place. From start to finish we could not have been made to feel more at home. The place marries ancient charm with modern convenience. Making it what it is has clearly been a labour of love for Pascale and Antonio. Every morning we enjoyed the freshest croissants looking out over the lawns to the marshes and the swimming pool, the birds were singing and all was right with the world. Every evening we could hang out in the large living room area on their charming furniture, and play bridge with my sister and her husband, Every question we had was researched and answered with great care, and the meal recommendations were perfect for us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife & I stayed here for 8 nights in June & were given a very warm welcome from Pascale & Antoine. They were so friendly & helpful throughout our stay, nothing was too much trouble.
The accomodation was truely stunning, our huge room full of character & so comfortable with a modern en-suite.

We breakfasted outside on the secluded terrace each morning looking out over the very pretty surrounding garden & fields. Tranquility personified!

Merci beaucoup for your lovely hospitality Pascale et Antoine!
with kind regards

Alex & Fiona C

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Burlington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We ( two couples) spent four nights with Pacale and Antonio and were delighted with every aspect of our stay. Our rooms were immaculately clean with great views of the rural property and the common area is spacious and comfortable as well. I commented to Pascale that I felt like I was swimming in fresh spring water when in the pool and she advised me that the use a UV water purification system - no chemicals or salt! The location is ideal for visiting the Pont du Gard, Chateauneuf du Pape and Aix en Provence all of which are less than an hour's drive away. And, of course there's Arles which is right on your door step even though you feell miles away in the country. I have read other traveller's reviews of Mas petit fourchon and noted the reference to insects. Our stay was in late May and to be sure there were some flies and the odd mosquito but it is after all a rural setting and you have to expect a few bugs. All in all we felt that the web site for this B&B undersold its attributes. Pascale and Antonio were the perfect hosts, there when needed but unintrusive. We came away feeling that we had made two good friends.

Room Tip: We liked room number two
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rehovot
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed for one night in May, 2012. Pascale was kind in fetching us, as there was road construction and it was necessary to drive through the hospital complex to reach the B&B. She provided us with welcoming beverages in the large common area on the main level..
Our room, Room 2, was one flight up, and Pascale helped with our luggage. Our en-suite bath had a separate room for the toilet (no wash basin) and a large and modern bathroom with two sinks. There is a wall-to-wall mirror, and large towels (very rough) and hand towels were provided. There was no shower curtain, and no pole upon which to mount the shower head. One very small bar of soap and two tiny packets of hair and body gel were provided. There was a hair dryer.
All of the rooms had radiant heaters, and a portable fan was provided. There was more than adequate storage space to unpack.

The large (screened) window opened to the beautiful gardens. The curtain did not slide all the way in order to cover the window; so be prepared for early morning light if you don't have eye shades. The tall wood beam vaulted ceiling adds to the rural/country environment. There was one 40w bulb fixture on either side of the bed plus one 40w bulb fixture on another wall - not enough lighting for comfortable reading. There were enough electric outlets. TV reception was poor.
Breakfast consisted of bagettes (fresh), hot beverage (coffee, tea or hot chocolate), croissants, orange juice, butter, jams, etc.
The common area had comfortable seating and a refrigerator that guests can use.
As was mentioned, there is a (good-sized) pool and sun deck with lounge chairs. Pascale and Roberto have horses and sheep (and a very friendly dog).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Mas Petit Fourchon? Share your experiences!