“Search no more!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Derwood, Maryland
“Search no more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Have you have ever fantasized about staying in a beautiful Bed And Breakfast in Provance?? search no more, THIS IS IT!! This BEAUTIFUL Bed and Breakfast is nestled in the countryside of Arles but is just minutes from town. The warmth of the owner Gilbert and the stunning french decor makes it almost unbearable to leave. We had the priveledge of staying there in the Fall and have already made plans to go back just so we can visit Le Mas Saint Florent again!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
massaintflorent, Propriétaire at Le Mas Saint Florent, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thanks so much

Welcome ........ we have created new menu !!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at Le Mas Saint Florent for two nights while touring the towns in the area (Arles, Baux, St. Remy and Avignon). Gilbert was very welcoming. We didn't know that you have to tell him in the morning that you'd like to eat at the hotel, so if you're thinking about booking, you should call to let Gilbert know you'd like to eat there at night after you arrive. The exact place to turn in can be hard to find if you don't have the exact address (thank you Expedia) so we had to make a u-turn after we overshot. We had our three year old daughter with us and the room included a separate room for her and Gilbert even went to the extra effort of cooking a meal for her so she could eat at 7, go to bed at 7:45 and her parents could dine at 8:30 by themselves. Breakfast is very good even though some people have mentioned that they think 16 euro is expensive. I had no issue with the cost. All in all, it was one of the best places I have stayed in while in France and I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends. We will come back next time we travel west from our usual hangouts around Nice.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
thanks !!!
It s always a pleasure to make all I can ! I hate to say no ....
Welcome again
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

I stayed here in June 2014 as a single female traveler and, yes, everyone who writes about the loveliness of this place is absolutely right. Gilbert is - indeed - a fine host: friendly, open, and interesting. I did not have a reservation for dinner that evening when I arrived late in the afternoon; however, I was encouraged to eat there for dinner - and what a lovely experience it was. Gilbert talks with you about what you are going to eat - and takes pride in the creative process, clearly, of creating a meal, rather than just cooking food. With a limited number of rooms, the experience of dining - either outside in the garden, or inside in inclement weather - is peaceful and civilised. I was in heaven in the afternoons to sit in the garden sipping wine and reading a book while I waited for dinner. Breakfasts are not included in the basic rate - but are delicious with lovely pastries and excellent coffee. And the rooms are beautiful - spacious, elegant and quirky in a way that is particularly French; the house is full of interesting corners with bohemian carpets, lights, statues and books. What a lovely, lovely place. Expensive - but worth every cent. Not all staff speak English; what was remarkable was that I do speak French and, yet, the French staff who dealt with me never made me feel like I was only a bumbling tourist. Staff are also very helpful with ideas about where to go and what else to do. Would go back there in a second.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Beckenham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

I concur with a lot of other feedback ; this place is truly special and Gilbert makes you feel very welcome by meeting at the door with his two dogs. We'd failed to make a booking for evening dinner so he gave us a list of recommended, and not recommended, restaurants in the town and where to park. Our room was huge and comfortable and everything was very clean. The first thing you want to do is walk around and look at all the beautiful rooms and collection of art work and memorabilia. It's not often to stay at a place like this any more. I noted the feedback about young children; we have a 7 year old daughter and she was sooooo excited the next morning when she woke up and looked out the window to see horses walking in the field. I'd decided to surprise her about that one. She also spent a good 30 minutes following the dogs around and wanting her photo taken with them. The only negative point I'd have is the cost of breakfast for our daughter, I know it said 'per person' but I was really shocked when he did indeed charge me 17 euros for her breakfast. She is only 7 - she ate half a bowl of packet cereal with milk and had a small drink. That's it. I have never in all her years been charge any cost, or, at best, full cost, for our child's breakfast, wherever we have stayed. I could understand if she was a hearty eating 15 year old. So the 51 euros for breakfast was a bit of a surprise and spoiled it just a tiny bit and I don't know if this would influence my decision to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Heidelberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at Gilbert's beautiful guesthouse outside Arles. The experience starts with the gorgeous tree lined drive into the property with horses for company. The house has an eclectic collection of memorablia and art. Our room was spacious and comfortable with all amenities well stocked.
We took the breakfast which is a feast in itself and you should spend sometime enjoying the spread in the lovely dining rooms.
Location is great if you have a rental to drive around the region. The guesthouse had small farm animals which our little daughter loved. Was too cold for the pool during our autumn visit, but it surely looked tempting.
Highly recommend this place for couple or families who want to stay away from the citu hustle and enjoy a little rustic charm with comforts.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

This guest house is a delight. The owner and proprietor, Gilbert, goes out of his way to ensure you experience Provence to the fullest. As we checked in, he carefully explained where we should go and drew maps of how to get to each place. He also warned us where not to go, which was appreciated. This is an old manor house build in stages in the 18th and 19th centuries. It is situated on an 11 hectare property in the country, but only 4 km from Arles. The rooms are very spacious by any standards and the beds are comfortable. We were served a wonderful breakfast each morning which were the best we have had anywhere in France so far. They also serve dinner if you want. We will recommend this place to our friends.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cirencester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2014

Truly loved this unique quirky C 17th hotel; the owner made us feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Interior of hotel was so full of charm and wonderful memorabilia of a bygone age. Bedrooms beautifully designed although towels in ensuite a bit on small side. Loved the bird cage with it's occupants and just hope they were not trained to chirp as trains went by. Swimming pool area a true delight. Romantic setting for dinner and many lovely areas to sit and have a glass with wonderful acres to stroll through. We shall return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Mas Saint Florent? Share your experiences!