“I want to come back !” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Sandefjord
“I want to come back !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

5 Norwegian ladies visited Aix en Provence last week, and "Cote cour" was recommended by a friend. We were not disappointed ! The food was exellent, the service great, and we had a lovely evening. We recommend the restaurant to anyone who visits Aix, and we also recommend table-reservation .Bon appetite! !

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

68% Recommend
Puyloubier, France
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This restaurant had been recommended by a friend. Older, quite sedate crowd, waiters friendly enough. I took set menu at 42euros, our friends a la carte. One entree, poached egg revisited, 19 euros. Really? My ceviche, entree with set menu, actually smelled bad when it arrived. I almost sent it back, but it tasted ok, well it actually didn't taste of anything, very boring. Then lamb confit, big piece of fat, little piece of meat, again quite tasteless. My husband had tasteless grilled scallops. Wine list overpriced even for Aix. Dessert: warm chocolate mousse, same as served in any mediocre restaurant anywhere. End result: extremely overpriced for tasteless, unimaginative food. Another restaurant to avoid in Aix.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Redding, Connecticut, USA
“Great Spot - But Hard to Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Cote Cour is not easy to find. Although the address is Cours Mirabeau, you cannot see the restaurant from the street. Look for the number 19 and you find an office building and a small sign for the restaurant. Inside the entrance of the building you see the restaurant. It’s worth looking for. My friend who lives in Aix recommended it and I concur (ha ha). It was too chilly to sit outside the night I was there and at 8:30 with no reservation I was lucky to get in. I was given the worst table in the place – right by the door, but no matter, it was okay. I was alone and enjoyed the activity and people watching.
The prices are steep but the food and service were very good, and the dishes were beautifully presented. The wine list offered very few half bottles for the single traveler and all of those were pricy. It would be nice to have some more options there, as well as a light starter or two - there were no salads or light first course dishes to choose from. I had the ceviche starter which tasted more like sashimi than ceviche – I could find no lemon or lime taste and the fish seemed merely raw, not marinated in citrus. The steak was perfectly done and smothered in a heavy rich sauce – which I could have done without – but I managed just fine. The steak came with roasted potatoes (too salty) and a nice salad. There was my salad! But I didn’t know it was coming.
All in all a fun setting, nice vibe – nice mix of older and younger customers – all French and no obvious tourists (except myself!). A bit pricy. The outdoor seating area is private – like a small garden – not on the street.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“The maitre d”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The meal was not too bad the drama of some of the dishes was unnecessary.We has the set menu which was good value and generous.The service was poor especially from the maitre d. As we left he asked how the meal was and I replied ok but told him the service was poor as we has to ask for several of our orders twice.i told him he did not seem to care. His reply was that we were tourists and were unlikely to return. JeffDe London

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint-Saturnin-les-Apt, France
“dissapointed after last experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had lunch here in summer and loved it and have recommended to clients who have also enjoyed LUNCH . So we decided to try dinner . OK it was a Sunday night late October, there were 18 covers in the restaurant. 1st observation, we did not have an aperitiff , straight into a bottle of wine, so we were not offered an 'amuse bouche' that others were ( who had one glass of wine and no more!) ok small detail but why? the music was upbeat, dance - Donna Summer 'hot stuff' hardly condusive to an up market dinner! My menu at 42€ , the food nice, but my wife went off piste - starter, main & cheese which cost 60€ - why? the cheese was bland and cold. To sum up, the fixed lunch and dinner menus are good but other wise I am sure there are better options out there.
We highlighted our feelings to the waiter who said he would tell chef - hardly helps us!

• Visited October 2012