“SPICY food found !” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Aix-en-Provence, France
“SPICY food found !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had discovered this place a while ago whilst walking around (and the back streets) of Aix and finally made it in there for an evening meal before Christmas.
Only a few tables upstairs, larger seating area in the old-style cellar.
They had one truly vegetarian option, the Kung Pao with tofu, and since this is a Szechuan Chinese restaurant, it came with the right dose of HOT! My husband had the braised beef which was also very spicy, and, according to him, very different in terms of taste from the Kung Pao. On the way out we chatted with the waiter, and he mentioned that, since this was our first visit to his restaurant, the level of spiciness had actually been on the lower side and promised to crank it up on future visits.
So for all lovers of spicy Chinese food: EAT AT LONG YUAN!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Taipei, Taiwan
“Tasty, fresh and authentic Chinese food with reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband(English) and I( Taiwanese) visited the restaurant today for lunch during our first visit to Aix. The food is very authentic, tasty and fresh. If you would like it to be even closer to Chinese palette, ask the manager to give you some Sichuan chili sauce. The food price is reasonable. The restaurant has a nice ambience. The manager made his way to ensure us a pleasant dinning experience. I would definitely say "Yes" if you are wondering whether this is a good choice.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is my favorite restaurant in Aix en Provence. I've live in Aix for couple months as an exchange student and I have been to few Asian restaurants around here, this one has the best Chinese food and friendly services. The dishes are fresh and tasty. I took some of my friends to this restaurant, they love the food a lot. I definitely will go to this restaurant again when I come back to Aix next time.

china
“good sichuan food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

the longyuan restaurant has the best sichuan style food in provence, do you have the most the chef is sichuanese. Sichuan food is very authentic, if you are not afraid of hot, you can go to try, and their manager Paul is also very good, is always smiling

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We are students taking studying abroad program in Aix. This Chinese restaurant makes great food but little bit spicy. I love te spicy but my friend can't stand it. The pork is amazing. I will go again to order st non-spicy.

• Visited June 2013