“A Wonderful Sight!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Private Tour
$87*
and up
Private Tour: Marseille and Aix-en-Provence Day...
Type: Mountains, Outdoors
Activities: Walking, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: This majestic mountain was the subject of several Paul Cézanne paintings.
Allentown, PA USA
“A Wonderful Sight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

While my wife and I were staying in a hotel in suburban Aix we could see Mont St. Victoire from our balcony. We sat and sketched it for several hours and as the light changed, the scene became ever more dramatic. Well worth seeing!

Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
130 attraction reviews
“A beautiful and peaceful sight to see”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

On our tour of Aix de Provence we saw this mountain and it was so beautiful and peaceful. I was not familiar with the paintings of Paul Cezanne but now I am and can understand why.

This was the highlight of Aix de Provence for me.

Visited August 2014
Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
54 attraction reviews
“Go on a clear day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Once out of the hubbub of Aix en Provence and its suburbs, you can quickly find yourself in areas that are peaceful, quiet and beautiful. The countryside around the mountain is rich farmland, dotted with attractive little villages that captivated the artist Paul Cezanne - and rightly so. I rode here and there in the area, all with the mountain by my shoulder, and I could never stop gawking. A rugged, stunning area of Provence.

Visited July 2014
Aix-en-Provence, France
10 attraction reviews
“I love it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I leave nearby and I love this mountain. It's one of the most magic landscapes in Provence. Totally worth going around it and if you're brave and have few hours, you can easily climb at the top for a nice view of the valley. But probably the best is to see it from the South of Aix-en-Provence

Visited August 2014
England
3 attraction reviews
“Spectacular!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stunning views in a relatively unspoiled location. Well worth the climb. Small visitors centre with toilets and parking.

Visited June 2014