This R and C property has an awesome reputation with prices to match so we were expecting something special. The rooms are small (most rooms in France are) but impeccably appointed and beautifully furnished with adequate storage. The property is exquisitely presented: breakfast and dinner are served on the terrace overlooking the pool and a small but beautifully kept garden. When we were there, there were roses everywhere (not a dead head to be seen)! The property is also well situated, right outside the centre of Aix. Unfortunately, where this property falls down is on service and on some of the basics. The front desk doesn’t work because there is only space for one person at a time, so you’ll be waiting while they finish dealing with the current customer. Trying to get them open the front gate is a battle – expect to be put on hold and to wait 5 minutes. Registration and check in was perfunctory as was the tour of the room. The internet connection in our room was poor and slow when it worked at all. The dinner on the terrace – a degustation menu – was disappointing; the sea bass was not fresh and was tasteless – just not the standard you would expect for E120 per person. The staff at breakfast were the same: they did their jobs competently but were not interested in going the extra mile, and there was nothing offered beyond a continental breakfast. To add insult to injury, there was no hot water on the final morning. I have some advice for the owners of this place: go and stay at Les Crayeres for a night in Reims and see how they do it. You will learn something.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under the light Cezanne once knew, the Villa Gallici Hotel,18th century Provencal house member of Relais et Chateaux, provides many luxury services, a gastronomical restaurant registered in the main guides, a shady seven acre garden with a swimming-pool, a nice place to relax a few steps away from the heart of the city of Aix-en-Provence.The Villa Gallici Residence is richly furnished with French and sumptuous fabrics. Time seems to have stood still, throughout the day whether dining or enjoying the calm of the gardens and pool, every experience has a charm of its own. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Villa Gallici reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Gallici Hotel Aix-En-Provence
- Gallici Hotel Aix En Provence
- Gallici Aix En Provence