“Perfect Intro to Drawing in Aix” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Classes/Workshops
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Sketchbook workshops in Aix en Provence and surrounding areas... Learn to look, to draw spontaneously (places, people...), let your creativity flow... writing, collage, water color are used to illustrate the sketchbook. No special skills in drawing are required (beginners are welcome).Ateliers de carnet de voyage à Aix-en-Provence et la région... Apprenez à regarder, à dessiner sur le vif (lieux, personnages...), créez vos propres pages en utilisant écriture, collage, aquarelle. Accessible à tous quelque soit le niveau de dessin.
Modesto, California
“Perfect Intro to Drawing in Aix”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Quatrinaime drawing and water color sessions were a perfect way to jump start my interest in art while spending some time in Aix-en-Provence. The art teacher and the students were charming and very supportive. I highly recommend meeting Catherine Moulle and letting her work her magic on your drawing skills.

Michael Strangio

Visited October 2013

Kingston, Canada
“Highly Recommended Sketching Classes in Aix-en-Provence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Last June I had the pleasure of taking several sketching classes with Catherine Moulle in and around Aix-en-Provence. I was a complete beginner and Catherine was very patient with me. I learned a great deal and met some wonderful people on field trips in the area. My sketchbook is a wonderful souvenir of my trip. Catherine is an excellent, inspiring teacher and her English is excellent. Fellow students who did not speak English were very welcoming and patient with my French. I hope to visit Aix again so that I can take more classes with Catherine.

Visited June 2013
Prior Lake, Minnesota
“Experiencing drawing in locations of the great masters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I had the pleasure of drawing with Catherine at several locations outside of Aix. It was the highlight of our trip. Although I have an art background in painting,
I was delighted to learn a new wonderful way to create compositions through a sketching method that Catherine suggested. I felt a deep connection to the subjects by the observations while sketching which made the experience very memorable. I thought about Cezanne,Picasso and Renoir in this fantastic environment and had a better understanding how this location could be such an inspiration. Most of all I appreciated Catherine's style of teaching her method and that she worked along side me doing her own work. She is very talented artistically as well as being a fantastic teacher. I would highly recommend this experience. It was so much more gratifying than just visiting museums. Perfect for travelers with limited time that want a great experience related to art.

Visited September 2013
Corvallis, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Art, and Aix en Provence, for beginners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Our group of three, grandmother, grandfather and 15 year old granddaughter, had three special days of drawing lessons with Catherine Moulle in September 2013. (One of us was an art major long ago in college, one is a photographer with no drawing experience at all, and one is an aspiring artist with lots of sketching experience.) Each day we met with her for 2 ½ hours in the morning and another 2 ½ hours in the afternoon. She introduced us to the idea of “Carnets des Voyages,” creating a “notebook of our trip.” Our “classes” met in varied locations in the old center of Aix: cafés in market squares, by a fountain with four dolphins, in the atelier of Cezanne (yes, IN the actual atelier), and the rooftop terrace of our rental apartment. Catherine showed us how to draw (not just sketch) what we were seeing in a way that captured our impressions, and she introduced us to ways to add to our creations with collage, watercolor paint, and text. And in addition to our art lessons, in our conversations with Catherine we learned about such topics as the city of Aix, French food and culture, and everyday life in France today. Catherine is a skillful teacher and a lovely new friend. Our time with her gave each of the three of us memories that we will treasure.

Visited September 2013
“A Day in Jouques”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I had a wonderful day joining a sketch class with Catherine. A wonderful lady who has such a gentle but direct way of teaching you her method of drawing. I joined a class of 6 other ladies, I was the only non French speaking person. This did not matter Catherine was so patient and interpreted when ever it was required. I had only contacted Catherine the day before I was to arrive in Aix and she gave me all the details of what I needed to bring and where to meet. We met in the village of Jouques by the bridge near the market, very French :) I had no materials with me so Catherine supplied what I needed. Nothing was too much trouble. The day was a very memorable and fun day. I recommend to try it. You not only come away with a great sketch but a new way of looking at things.

Visited August 2013