“Very Nice Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

05 46 50 50 48
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
La Boussole is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 356 Restaurants in La Rochelle
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
La Rochelle, France
“Very Nice Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Very nice restaurant, good price/quality value, lots of flavour, nice presentation, waiter are nice & smiling
For middle budget, a nice restaurant that I recommend (were there 3times, always good!)

Visited March 2012

Moscow, Russia
“Amazing modern but classic at the same time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were lucky to get one free table for two persons on saturday evening (around 9pm) - all other tables were already full or booked. For starter my husband ordered salmon tartare (said it was ok) and I had crispy shrimps - mine was absolutely delicious with very, very nice sauce. For main course we both had a swordfish and it was very delicious - soft and tasty fish with rice and very surprising spicy sauce based on coconut milk. In total we paid 65 eur incl. 0.5l of wine and no deserts, just coffee at the end.
Taste of dishes is really worth to try though it is not pure traditional french cuisine. More like a mix of fusion with spicy asian taste and traditional at the same time. During our dinner I've been thinking that it really fits good for La Rochelle with its history of a port through which spicies were traded long time ago..
Service is quite quick inspite of full occupation. But still very french - don't expect a lot of smiles.
Street itself is very nice to walk after dinner if it not too cold.
So definitely nice place for old port area with good food.

• Visited October 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Oh! dear”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

The food was superb but the service was shocking. We arrived earlyish,it was empty. We have 3 children who did the cardinal sin of seating themselves - the waiter was very cross and reallocated us to the edge of the restaurant, even though it was empty. As he moved a table, he dropped and broke a glass, this annoyed him even further, he cleared at the glass with a dustpan and brush. Gave us some menu's and took our drinks order. There was no menu enfant so I asked if he could make 2 meals smaller, he said "non, impossible" and then he offered "chicken nuggets" - No thank you! So I pointed to both children and said deux (held up 2 fingers and gestured to both children) boeuf brochette (kebab), My older child and husband had duck and I had the lamb wok. When the meals came, we only got 1 beef kebab, 2 duck and 1 lamb ie 1 meal short, I waited a while, as the restaurant filled up very quickly it was hard to get anyones attention, when we got their attention and pointed out 1 missing meal they bought a plate and pointed to the other beef kebab which was almost gone, the meals actually were not that big. I said "No, No, deux boeuf brochette" they shrigged and said "5 minutes". Also, they then moved a table and blocked us in knocking our table and my husbands hat and glasses onto the floor (no apology). Funnily enough we didn't get to dessert which was a shame because it probably would have been yummy. It cost 19 euros for 1 course each so it was expensive. Would I go back, I'd love to for the food but my husband would have none of it..

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“great restaurant, would visit again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I had the vegetarian penne, which has a slight chinese twist to it - and it was brilliant. On a warm busy August day, the service was quick. We sat outside, and the street is away from the main tourist area so it was quieter but there was a nice atmosphere. Quite a unique style of food on the menu, and would definitely visit again and try more - the desserts also look very good.

• Visited August 2012
“A spicy restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

On the walls of La Boussole lie poems praising the importance of the use of spices in fine cuisine. We were not disappointed! The curry seafood marmite was exquisite. The settings inside are original and highly pleasant, and the terrasse on a pedestrian street is very enjoyable. The prices are very competitive. Too bad that the service wad slow.