My boyfriend and I stayed at Chateau De Beaulieu for 3 nights in September as a base for exploring the chateaux and vineyards of the Loire valley. The room was lovely; a grand four poster bed and a spotlessly clean en suite bathroom. The breakfasts were a delicious spread of fresh croissants, bread, yogurts, fruit, tea, coffee, etc. and our hostess, Mary, was a gem. She is a mine of information and was happy to help with everything from making a restaurant booking to recommending vineyards and chateaux to visit. The chateau has a pretty garden with heated pool, a comfortable lounge with a welcoming log fire and is a 5 minute drive (or 25 minute stroll along the river bank) from Saumur. Lovely and peaceful, we had three great night's sleep. We would definitely stay again.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Beaulieu Hotel Saumur
- Chateau De Beaulieu Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau de Beaulieu is a beautiful and romantic 18th-century castle nestled in the middle of a park with hundred-year-old trees, and situated just 200 meters from the banks of the Loire River and 2.5km from the lovely town of Saumur. Listed as a 'Monument Historique' by the French Ministry of Culture, Chateau de Beaulieu is recognised for its light and elegant architecture. At the chateau you can enjoy French billiards, or a swim in the heated pool set amongst the vine rows of the vineyard.Dr & Mme Coady-Maguire purchased Chateau de Beaulieu in 2003, and guests can be assured of a warm and friendly welcome to their home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau de Beaulieu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.