Yolaine and Thierry are the owners of this lovely Chateau and go out of their way to make you feel at home. The rooms are immaculate and full of antiques; the baths are all large and modern; the grounds are beautiful; and the pool is just right for a hot summer day. The town is a short ten minute walk and there are wonderful restaurants that Yolaine will make reservations for. We stayed for three nights and loved having different choices for dinner each night. They serve a wonderful breakfast each morning in the new "barrel ceiling" basement, but not dinner.
We loved everything about this Chateau and the lovely town of Saumur. It is on the Loire River and near some of the smaller Chateaux.
Paula and Ralph
Westlake Village, Ca
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrieres is an elegant chateau, built in 1895 to host balls and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School.It has been artfully restored. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with an heated pool. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrieres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau De Verrieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.