This review is long overdue. And it appears that others have found my secret hiding place in the Loire Valley -- good business for the wonderful hosts of Chateau De Verrieres in Saumur. They open their fabulous home to us because they have a dream... a dream of living on a manor estate and owning a bed & breakfast. Opulent but not pretentious. Welcoming in a way that can only mean you are on holiday in the heart of France. Our rooms each had a different design and suited us perfectly. We even had air conditioning on a hot French evening. The photos I have cannot do justice to the manor, which is just perfect perfect perfect. Too bad Trip Advisor categorizes the listing outside of the normal Loire Valley listings. It was on the way to Amboise and all the river castles..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrieres is an elegant chateau, built in 1895 to host balls and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School.It has been artfully restored. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with an heated pool. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrieres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau De Verrieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur