I stayed here with a group of 6 friends and our host encouraged us to make the chateau our home while there, which we did. Each room is beautifully decorated and appointed, the beds comfortable, and the views serene. We had our windows open; I don't know if there was AC. We celebrated (quietly) in the main sitting area, used the game room in the dungeon one evening, visited with our host and walked the beautiful lawn. The breakfast had many offerings. The architecture is very interesting and our host shared the history of the chateau with us. The bellman waited on us with many courtesies during our stay. Thank you to our host for a welcoming stay, and to Travel Beyond Paris for placing us here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrieres is an elegant chateau, built in 1895 to host balls and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School.It has been artfully restored. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with an heated pool. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrieres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chateau De Verrieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur