We stayed at the Chateau De Verrieres for only one night on our honeymoon while touring the Loire Valley in early October 2013. This was by far our favorite stay while in France and could only be matched if we had slept at Versailles! The property is absolutely stunning and has been restored to near museum quality. The owners treated us like family giving us a tour of the first floor, grounds and access to the original photos of the late 1800s construction. Our breakfast was fit for a king and queen and was served up with a warm greating by the family dog Uno who is quite the handsome gentlemen. The Chateau is a short walk to many small restaurants and numerous antique shops were we purchased our favorite treasures of the honeymoon. The hotel and town are spectaculor but the welcome and hospitality we received from the owners and Uno was off the charts. In our humble opinion it is worth the trip to Samur just to stay at this hotel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Verrieres is an elegant chateau, built in 1895 to host balls and elegant parties for the officers from the famous Cavalry School.It has been artfully restored. Only 10 rooms and Suite to welcome you. Each room is unique, filled with light through the high windows. Verrieres stands in huge grounds with an heated pool. Step in directly into the heart of old Saumur and make your choice among the delicious restaurant located around Verrieres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Chateau De Verrieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Verrieres Saumur
- Chateau De Verrieres Hotel Saumur