“Excellent evening in Nantes” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #319 of 769 Restaurants in Nantes
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Excellent evening in Nantes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Visited the restaurant on spec this evening, we were looked after by the very lovely Laura & Kevin. Laura recommend a very nice rose wine to go with my evening meal of 3 type meat skewer & potatoes with a simple leaf salad, hubby went for the steak, we then followed with profiteroles and apple tart - all in all a lovely evening, meal and very attentive staff.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you are English, don't eat here. Well done beef means blue and if fancy chicken you will end up on the toilet for the next 3/4 days as it comes out raw

Visited December 2013
Limerick, Ireland
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a lovely meal here, we were staying next door at the Park and Suites (this entitles you to a 10% discount). We were dining with our children, they were very accommodating to them, they gave them a kids pack (colouring/toy) to keep them occupied. Also the kids menu included meat or fish brochettes which makes a welcome change to the 'steak hache' you see on all the kids menus in France.
My husband and I went for a mixed brochettes of meats, with 6 sauces. Very tasty indeed! It came with lovely saute potatoes and a salad. Would recommend!

Visited July 2013
Metz, France
“Interesting dining experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We caught up with an old friend for dinner in Brochettes et Cie because L'Entrecote was too packed, and the boys were quite motivated to hunt this place down despite several other dining options. So my expectations were prematurely raised.

The menu is a little overwhelming, and can be a conversation interrupter/killer if one or more persons are highly indecisive. I suggest paying a visit to the website http://www.brochettesetcie.com/ beforehand if you know you are definitely dining there. When my partner suggested we share the mixed brochettes for two option, I quickly agreed.

The service was a mixed bag; we got our food and wine pretty quickly, but at times it was very hard, or impossible to catch the attention of the wait staff. It was only until I hunted down the toilet at the end of the meal did I realise the size of the restaurant, and felt something close to sympathy for the wait staff, who seem to still manage a somewhat wry sense of humour.

The meal itself was not remarkable. Seeing meat skewers hanging off a metal rack that sits in the middle of the table was both amusing and slightly off-putting. It conjured images of the animals' last moments in an abbatoir. We had six or seven different mysteriously unlabelled sauces to dip them in, and I figured among them were barbecue, curry, pepper sauce, foie gras, and the rest, God knows. The burner died before we finished all the brochettes, so some of the meat was cold in the end. At least the bread came to our table warm.

The salad and roasted potatoes with creme fraiche were free-flow, but one has to wait for the waiter to bring them. The potatoes were nothing to rave about, but the salads were an absolute necessity to go with all that meat. After four salads, I concluded I liked the vegetables much better. I couldn't eat dessert afterwards, but the boys had coffee, ice cream and a digestif.

All said, it's not a bad place to dine; the food comes fast, and the presentation is different. I do think, though, that if the six-year-old me had dined in this restaurant I may very well have turned out to be a vegetarian for the rest of my life. Knowing how much the bill came to, I won't be in a hurry to return either.

• Visited April 2012