Arrived early afternoon, as we had pre-booked car parking upon arriving at the security barrier we were informed to park in a numbered space. . Upon entering the Hotel we were greeted by two receptionists, efficiently checked in and given directions to our room. Great location on the sea-front, clean and as per other comments clearly refurbished to a high standard yet retaining character of the building – I was pleased to find a well-equipped and modern bathroom thou – not one from the 30’s ! - Great choice of Hotel. In the evening we decided to eat in one of the many restaurants along the seafront - actually on the beach…… Next morning we went to breakfast arriving around 9:30 (as it was Saturday we had until 10: 30 ) so plenty of time…. We were greeted by dirty tables, several staff and chaos…… None of the waitresses seamed bothered that people where arriving to eat ,nor appeared to know what to do first, clearly untrained and in my view probably dint really wish to be at work as they dint appear to enjoying being there. Eventually managed to find a table and assisted in the “cleaning” process. Clearly the hotel has a lack of cutlery and crockery as we dint receive any knives, but two large spoons and a fork each, this was confirmed later when we tried to locate a knife, they dint have any clean ones.. Odd cups and saucers “added” to the poor shabby impression. The lack of plates meant everyone had to eat off saucers! The dead flowers adorning the tables, once a Peony set the scene…. Thinking the second day would be better, as we entered the restaurant we were greeted by one of the waitresses and duly abandoned us as she went to discuss something import with one of her co-workers. We sat at one of the tables, helped ourselves to breakfast from the mediocre buffet. Although the hotel operates a waitress coffee service, having waited for over 15 minutes I decided to seek out some coffee… The coffee pots are located at the back of the restaurant and whilst helping myself I noted 4 waitresses chatting in the outer kitchen area, asking for milk was clearly inconvenient – which “one” would have to respond…. I’m a seasoned traveller, their attitude; lack of service is clearly visible to all. Why hasn’t “Management” sat down and monitored what the customer is experiencing here… You have a good hotel, let down by the poor service offered during breakfast….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea, the Mercure La Baule Majestic is 2 km from the town centre and 200 m from the thalassotherapy centre and the Casino. This airconditioned 3 star hotel offers 83 comfortable rooms, including 7 Privilege rooms (Junior suites). Our restaurant, Le Ruban Bleu, is a member of the gourmet restaurant association, Cuisineries Gourmandes, and serves sophisticated cuisine of the highest quality. The hotel also features two fully equipped conference rooms and seven breakout rooms. Private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mercure La Baule Majestic reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure La Baule Escoublac
- Accor La Baule Escoublac
- Mercure La Baule Majestic France/La-Baule-Escoublac