We stayed here for one night as a stop over on our way to the South. We were travelling with our 8 year old son and we were very impressed with the family friendly atmosphere which the hotel portrayed. The room itself was excellent for families. As we were only there for one night, we didn't need to use the kitchen facilities, but the fridge was very handy. We also liked the curtain which divided the room. This meant that my husband and I could sit up and have a drink with a lamp on after my son had gone to sleep. There was also free movies on demand in English on the TV, which went down a storm!
The breakfast was typically French and very good, though if you have the boiled eggs, which you have to cook yourself, make sure you put them in the water heater at least 10 minutes before you actually want them, otherwise you'll find they aren't eveen close to being cooked (as I found when I broke the egg on my plate, which was instantly covered in raw egg!!)
The location of the hotel was great for a stroll along the Seine and for easy access to restaurants. Although the staff were friendly and helpful, when we returned after our evening meal we waited at the hotel bar for over 15 minutes to get a drink, but no staff arrived. We ended up leaving the bar and I sent my husband down later.
The only negative point I have about this hotel was the height restriction in the hotel carpark, which we were never made aware of. We had a Kayak on the roof of out Pasat, which wouldn't fit under the barriers or in some of the parking spaces. We had to remove the Kayak and carry it into the carpark, then fix it back onto the roof once in the space. This was a bit of a pain after 9 hours of driving. We had to do the same when we were leaving. On the plus side, there were loads of parking spaces and the carpark is secure.
If we were travelling with our son and needed a stop over in Rouen again, we would definitely stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Suite Novotel Rouen Normandie Hotel Rouen
- Suite Novotel Rouen Normandie Hotel
- Accor Rouen Normandie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 3 star hotel with eighty 30 sqm suites (of which 16 are specially set up for long term stays). Set in an inviting environment, the airconditioned and modular rooms allow 2 children to share with their parents. The Suite Novotel Rouen Normandie is located ten minutes walk from the centre of town, on the banks of the river Seine. You can park your vehicle in our easily accessible underground car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Tingo, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Suite Novotel Rouen Normandie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.