“Definitely not recommended” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 51 Hotels in Rouen
Pleine-Fougeres, France
“Definitely not recommended”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My recommendation would be to give this establishment a miss. It took 25 minutes and umpteen attempts for the automated check in to recognise my booking reference number, and it continually rejected the credit card I had used to make the online booking for 2 nights. The car park is woefully small for a 40 room hotel. Though there is a no smoking policy, the hallways stank of cigarette smoke, and the room was not much better. I had booked a room with twin beds, for my colleague and me, and the room we ended with had a double bed, and a bunk (ideal for a child but not for a sturdy adult). The bed was not comfortable, and one of the pillows was only fit to be thrown away. The bathroom had not been sufficiently well cleaned, and one of the towels was so old, it was in ribbons. Following a sleepless night we were up and ready to leave at 6am. I went to reception to express my dissatisfaction, and not only found the manager unhelpful, but aggressive and insulting. He refused to cancel the second nights booking, telling me I had already cancelled it, which I knew not to be the case, but he flatly refused to listen, and I have subsequently discovered that I have been charged for 2 nights. I have written to Louvre Hotels, and their response was merely to thank me for bringing the problems to their attention. I doubt that any of the issues I have raised wit them will be addressed. This is without doubt the worst hotel/ motel I have ever stayed in. If it was a choice of spending a night in this establishment or a bus shelter, the bus shelter would win, every time!!!

Room Tip: Go to the nearest Accor group Hotel!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Wouldn't recommend if there are more than 3 of you staying. We were a party of 9 put in 4 opposite corners of the motel - not ideal as we had 5 kids in our party so we ended up having to put an adult in each room. Rooms smelt smokey and there were ashtrays on walls outside room and people constantly milling around so no point opening a window and wouldn't have felt safe to. Couldn't of handled a stay of more than one night! On the plus side beds and pillows were comfortable and breakfast was good value with kids under 10 eat free!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Frodsham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Considering what you get for about £40 in the UK (e.g. TravelInn etc), I struggled to find a good value one-night hotel for our 6 person family for an overnight stay near Rouen. Eventually settled on this one.

Good points - rooms sufficiently clean / well appointed, linen fine, bathroom fine (to a point), relatively cheap, very very handy for the tram to the city centre (right outside the hotel), free secure parking, right next door to a boulangerie and supermarket for breakfast.

Less good points - felt quite expensive compared the UK equivalent, wear and tear on fittings / bathroom evident, dark hallways, reasonably noisy (due to the other residents), quite small 3 person rooms (definitely no option to have 4 in there!!), automated check-in refused to recognise my cards (fortunately the off duty receptionist / manager very helpfully sorted me out), confusing car park (you can only get in once you have checked in and have the code)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reading
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We had booked a room for one night - thankfully. The indoor corridor (unusul for Premiere Classe) smelt of something that seemed to be a combination of urine and smoke, unfortunately the room smelt about the same. The room decor was old, way past its service life, with bits of formica missing and peeling from the units. The bed cover had burn holes in (we had asked for a non-smoking room) and the sheets, although probably laundered, were badly marked. The en-suite had a bath (again unusual for a Premiere Classe) which was also old and had mould around he joints.
There was no receptionist so we couldn't change rooms so we decided that we wouldn't stay there (we would have prefered to sleep in the car!) and we went elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for one night only - thank goodness. It was difficult to find with the directions from the internet provided. To reach our room we had to go by elevator to the second level. The hall was in darkness. We only found out on leaving (when we saw a maid press the button) that you have to turn the lights on yourself. Obviously an automatic timer would turn them off again after a set time. Difficult to do when you have never been to the hotel before, nobody thinks to point this out, you are tired usually on arriving at your hotel and your arms are full of luggage. The room was reasonably clean, which is about the only good thing I can say about this place. The layout of the room is shocking. The double bed (small) was situated with the head of the bed under the bunk bed mounted on the wall. So, when you get up from the bed below, you strike your head on the metal bed above. You only do this once I can tell you. I have photos of my cut and bleeding head for proof. I am sure there are many people throughout France with a cut/bump and bruise on their head from staying in Premier Class hotels. (We also stayed in this chain hotel and the bed configuration was the same). When we went down to breakfast in the morning we encountered a non-speaking receptionist who managed to tell us that we had to pay for the childrens' breakfasts. We thought that we had done this the night before when we paid for two breakfasts. The receptionist took our payment for a family room - two adults and two children, so why not charge us then for two children? We assumed that children were not required to pay for breakfast. So the non-speaking, quite arrogant man on reception at breakfast time made us pay for two breakfasts for the children - over 5 euro each, a ridiculous price for small children. My husband asked for a receipt but the receptionist would not give him one. Amazing how his level of understanding of English changed to suit his purpose. Could it be he was taking the money on the side which is why he was not willing to issue us with a receipt? Breakfast was miserable. A choice of two cereals, the cutlery was plastic tea spoons, only the butter knives were metal. You had to eat your cereal with a plastic teaspoon and stir your coffee with a plastic teaspoon. There were bowls and no plates. We asked for plates for our toast and were told no, no plates. Only bowls. A dreary, depressing breakfast room, the only attempt at decoration was a large pot of oversized sunflowers in one corner.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Premiere Classe Rouen Petit Quevilly? Share your experiences!