Let's start with the biggest challenge, the parking garage. It is located at the rear of the hotel (assuming the Cathedral to be the front), and is a small opening for the underground, right beside the outdoor seating of an adjacent Cafe. It is a tight squeeze to get in, but you will fit (I parked my rented Nissan Qashqai +2 beside a Toyota Land Cruiser). Be aware the exit ticket gate is at the top of the steep ramp, so those with standards beware if you can't handle this!
Ok, the hotel.
I loved this place. It was an awesome mix of old and new (I had room 343, a corner room in the old section) that provided the best of both worlds. The service was both professional and gracious and my provided breakfast was ample and tasty.
I would not hesitate returning to this hotel, in fact, I intend to as soon as I can.
Lastly, the location...perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the centre of Rouen, at the foot of one of the most beautiful cathedrals in France, the Mercure Rouen Centre is an ideal hotel for exploring the attractions of this medieval city including the Old Market Square and the Gros Horloge clock tower.The hotel features 125 soundproof, airconditioned rooms, including 4 suites, WiFi in all areas, bar, room service and meeting facilities. Ideal location, not far from the station, in the peaceful pedestrian area of Rouen. Private pay car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Rouen Centre Cathedrale Hotel Rouen
- Accor Rouen Centre Cathedrale