This is a good hotel, not marvellous, but little to complain about.
At the moment the traffic in front of the hotel is horrendous due to one of the main through routes in Rouen being out of action - we were told this is likely to continue for at least another year - if you are motoring it makes arriving and departing from the hotel (and Rouen) very slow.
As long as you don't inspect too minutely the hotel is clean and well equipped. The staff are generally friendly and helpful. The hotel restaurant served perfectly acceptable food at the average price for Rouen (quite pricey). It is safer to book a table (especially at the weekend). If you do, make sure the Reception staff have done it properly - we booked twice and on one night Reception had booked the wrong time - we then checked about the other booking and the restaurant had no record of it.
If you cut through the back streets you can be in the centre of the town in about 15 minutes. We asked for a quiet room and we were given one at the back of the hotel - and it was very quiet indeed.
For a city centre hotel it was fine and I would happily return....when the bridge is mended!
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Rouen Champ De Mars Hotel
- Mercure Rouen Champ De Mars Hotel Rouen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 10 minute walk from the historic city centre with all shops nearby. Hotel with 139 quiet, spacious and airconditioned rooms. Restaurant and bar. Meeting facilities. Rooms for guests with limited mobility. WiFi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR, Orbitz, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mercure Rouen Champ de Mars reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.