“Decidedly average” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Decidedly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It is hard to say too much negative about this restaurant but it is also hard to say too much positive. The food was quite good, the service adequate. A little over-priced in my opinion.

Visited July 2013

Paris, France
“Restaurant with ok food but nice view of the port”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

The food was not spectacular. Then again, it wasn't terrible. For the life of me, can't remember what I had.

Just remember that we had a nice view of the port and that the service was friendly but slow.

Lunch for two was under €45.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Malaga, Spain
“Worst night ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I visited with my partner in May this year. WE were kept waiting for our food for well over an hour. When it finally arrived after many requests, my choice of duck was totally inedible. I sent it back and all I got was a "gallic shrug". I paid for the rest we had. They didn't even offer a discount for the long, long wait. We had to go to another restaurant so I could eat something. The french couple at the next table apologised on behalf of the restaurant, they were embarrased! Bad food, bad service. Avoid!!!!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Delightful Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Lovely setting, I don't want to share the negative reports, obviously the owner took notice if there was a reason for it.

Anyway it was not busy and perhaps made a difference, The Rumpsteak well presented with a lovely Pepper sauce and for a change NO FRIES to go with it!just sauté potatoes and thank goodness not in massive proportions! Ro my wife, never a big eater in all circumstances saw her delight in a Seafood dish accompanied with and served with a sweet curry sauce, again well presented.

For starters a complementary Home made Pâté and toast to please the Taste buds , a great choice of wines.

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I don't know which L'Escale the TripAdvisor naysayers went to, but we had a delightful lunch. Service was excellent, the food was fresh and well cooked and the price was reasonable. We'd go there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere