I was pleasantly surprised with the room and decor. We had an 18 month old so it was a bit cramped with a cot but the room had a lovely fireplace and fantastic corner bath & nice shabby chic french style furniture. The location was great as it was only a 10 min walk to the main shops/restaurants and another 5 min stroll to the beach from there. The hotel is situated on a lovely leafy residential street opposite a church and you can literally park your car on the road in front of hotel - it was generally empty. We happened to be there on a w/end when there was an antique fair which was in the church grounds and well worth a wander around.
The only disappointment for me was the service - the guy who checked us in had great English and it may have been lost in translation but he seemed a bit flippant - when I asked to have a bottle of wine opened to drink in the room (not much socialising happening with a baby in toe!) he looked at the St Emillion bottle (not cheap by french standards) and gave a bit of a smirk of disapproval. A bit rude I thought. However it was when we checked out I realised that they had overcharged us for one night - it was only a 20 euro difference but out of principle I went back to mention it. He snatched the bill out of my hand without a hint of an apology and then it was a big ordeal to find the paperwork on their files to check that I was in fact correct. Breakfast service was going at the time and the manager came over and told him to get back to that and she continued with my query. She demanded some receipt that we hadn't been given and then huffed a bit and then eventually put the credit through again without a hint of an apology. I said 'not sure how that overcharge was made?' she said 'oh dont worry thats ok' as if it was my fault - the closest I got to an apology was 'these things happen'. was not impressed. I honestly think that great hotel service is all about how you deal with guests and deal with problems - in this case I was left with a bad taste in my mouth.
Overall I would say the rooms were great, pool lovely, location v good but overall I think they need to up the charm of the staff! If I was going there again I'd probably find more of a B&B style place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 3 stars Hotel located between the famous walk of "Les Planches" and the Hippodrome, in an area set back from the crowd, with free parking in the street outside the hotel or in the parking of the church. Relaxing with the heated summer outdoor pool, spa privatized just for you open 24/24, with sauna, steam and hydro-jet, massages (from 80 € per person). With a garden, where you can relax on the sun loungers around the pool or enjoy a cocktail in the evening on the balcony to enjoy the last rays of sun. In winter, you will enjoy the same cocktail in the lounge / bar in front of the fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, AvailPro and Priceline so you can book your Augeval Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- l Augeval Deauville
- l Augeval Hotel Deauville
- Augeval Hotel Deauville, Normandy, France