We stayed at this hotel in July 2013.
* Location outside of city center
* Normal shower (unlike some bathtub/shower combos that you may encounter in various parts of Europe)
* Parking was free
* We stayed when it was warmer and there is no air conditioning in your room. The hotel is supposedly "air conditioned" but don't expect a comfortable temperature. There is no fan. We actually went to a local store and considered buying a room fan but couldn't find one reasonably priced. You could leave the window open, but we were on the first floor and the security of leaving the window open at night was questionable. Further, the hotel is located right next to a busy street, so you'd hear a lot of road noise.
* Poor cleanliness -- much of the hotel could have used a really good deep cleaning. The floors were absolutely nasty everywhere. Our chair in our room had stains on it. Thankfully, the towels seemed clean. Our expectation is that during a daily clean, that the room actually will be reasonably clean for the next day, but we found hair that we assume was ours obviously on the bathroom floor.
* Smell - the room had a wonderfully unidentifiable smell about it -- we don't know what it was, but thankfully it went away.
* The breakfast, while it should have had the same things every day, seemed that the employees would frequently forget one or two of the items, and then leave plates empty once other guests ate whatever it was.
* The breakfast plates -- I thought I had a picture of these -- but they were often very unclean. Food stuck to plate after plate after plate. It wasn't just one day either. We stayed more than 3 days, so we experienced this every day.
* While the location was handy for the various major highways of France, the location of the hotel itself was unusual as it required you to drive by the hotel (in other direction, but to the North was the entrance), take an odd exit, and then travel down a one way street.
* No decent food options within walking distance (we found a decent market/grocery a short distance away that we used several times)
* We've stayed in other nice Novatel hotels, but this definitely was at the bottom. It's in desperate need of an update.
Overall, we definitely wouldn't recommend it, and wouldn't stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Caen Cote de Nacre is a 3 star hotel located 20 minutes from the beaches of the Allied landings and not far from the Peace Memorial. The hotel offers 126 rooms, a terrace with a garden, a swimming pool and six conference rooms for your meetingsand seminars. This 3 star hotel is equally suited to a business trip or a holiday in Caen with your partner or family. Discover modern and original cuisine at the Novotel Cafe restaurant. Guests also enjoy the convenience of free private parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Novotel Caen Cote de Nacre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Caen Cote De Nacre Hotel Caen
- Caen Novotel