“Quaint and quiet.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
“Quaint and quiet.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at this quaint hotel. It was within walking distance (with bags) from the train station, and the old downtown area. The breakfast included many choices of pastries, cereal, fruit and yogurt. The staff was extremely gracious, and helpful with suggestions for dinner and directions around town. During our stay it was D-day week and Mothers Day (in France) - a very busy time for the area - however service was still excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

If you are looking for wow factor you are in the wrong place but if you are after a clean room, shower and a wifi connection than this place fits the bill. Maybe a little bit pricey but it is located close to the station, the Bayeux Cathedral, the Tapestry museum and the departure point for D-Day tours.
Breakfast is nothing to write about, probably a bit over priced but if you are heading out for a early morning tour it is probably a good option.
Staff are friendly and helpful. Great for a functional one or two nights.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We chose to stay in the town of Bayeux as we wanted to take day trips to D-Day Beaches, Mont St Michel, Giverny, Saint Malo, Deauville, Honfleur and the surrounding areas. We chose to stay in The hotel Bayeux as it was very centrally located for our visit and all we wanted to do, mainly different restaurants in the evening, visiting the Cathedral and the Bayeux tapestries, just a five minute short walk away. We booked a car parking space before we arrived as some reviews had said we would not find parking on the street. There is parking in the area so no need to book a space. However most nights, our car had the luxury of sleeping in the personal garage of the building not in the outdoor car park, mainly due to the reason that we often arrived late at night. We did not have the breakfast as i think the price offered was a bit pricey when i don't eat a big meal at breakfast. The staff were friendly and pleasant and also very helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Le Bayeux for 3nights in May 2012, we arrived by train and the hotel was an easy walk from the station and an easy walk to restaurants and shopping. The atmosphere in the hotel was very friendly and the staff happy to help with directions or recommend tours etc. The rooms were warm and comfortable.

Estes Park, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

At the last minute, I decided to add a day to a work trip to Paris and visit the Normandy beaches. I chose Hotel Le Bayeux and couldn't be happier with my choice. I arrived much later than I planned after some trouble catching a connecting train from Paris. I only had one full day that I was spending in Bayeux and I hadn't booked the Normandy Beach tour yet. Despite arriving at 10 pm, the front desk staff was able to call a tour guide at home and get me booked on a tour the next day, saving the entire trip for me. There were no restaurants open by the time I arrived, but he made me a plate of cheese and fruit and bread to hold me over till morning at no cost. I cannot imagine many hotels doing that for a guest. The room was spacious and comfortable, although I did not spend much time in it. I was able to store my bags all day at the hotel free of charge while I did a half day Normandy beach tour and explored the town and the tapestry. The hotel was centrally located to tour the town and walk to the train station. If I go back to Normandy again, I would book this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Ashland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

People come to Bayeux for several major reasons: In order: to experience the sites of June 6, 1944, to view the Bayeux Tapestry and to visit Mont Saint Michel. Upon check in, we were given a complementary postcard with a 'G.I. Prayer' printed on it. At the time, it seemed like a nice gesture. Two days later, while standing on Omaha Beach facing the batteries, it made sense in profound ways. In other words, the folks who run this hotel understand things. They also have a small library with loan-out materials on D-Day, the Tapestry and Mont Saint Michel and a selection of movies pertaining to D-Day. We've all seen these films at one time or another, but being able to view them within this context is a totally unique experience. All this being said, Vito (I hope I spelled this correctly) and the staff are expert hoteliers who provided us a very quiet room, good personal service and very nice breakfasts. Also, they can refer you to good local restaurants (as opposed to tourist-oriented places). If we come back to Bayeux, the hotel choice will be easy !

Room Tip: A room at the end of the building/ hallway normally is more quiet. (obviously, one less probability...
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

You could not ask for a better staff.After my wife and I where on a train we realized we had left a bag with with her $500 camera in the cab, we notified the hotel and they tracked down the cab got the bag with the camera and shipped it back to the USA to us. I don't know of many hotels that would have gone to this much trouble us. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Le Bayeux? Share your experiences!