“A great place for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Brisbane, Australia
“A great place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2014

While walking through Bayeux we came across this little quaint restaurant and we were looking for somewhere for lunch, the menu was not large but all the choices made your mouth water, it was good to see a lot of locals at the restaurant. The service was great and we were made to feel at home even though we could not speak much French. The food was fantastic and all 5 of us left the restaurant feeling very satisfied. The owner even went out of her way to come and talk to us even though she was very busy.

• Visited October 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Chicago, Illinois
“Best Food Ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

Literally licked our plates clean. The food is made from scratch and the service was excellent. We went back two nights in a row. No need to say more!

Visited November 2014
Jonestown, Pennsylvania
“Try it, you will like it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

I recently stayed 4 nights in Bayeux to explore the D-Day region. On my first night, I decided to give here a try, they only had 3 reviews at the time, but they were all 5 stars. The wife runs the front of the house very efficiently, great attention to detail, and her husband is the Chef. I tried the 3 course menu, I think it was 25E, the house wine was very good, and reasonable, and they also have Heineken on tap, which is always a good thing. I started off with a crab dish, I think it was mixed with crème fraiche, layered between toast, very good, a little rich for my taste though. Main course was fresh cod, nice portion, served over sliced carrots, zucchini, and potatoes done a couple different ways, covered by a sauce, bearnaise I thought. This was fantastic. For dessert I chose the white chocolate mousse, this had one fresh strawberry on the bottom, a thin layer of berry sauce, and "straws" made of meringue sticking out the top. I love white chocolate, and this was also fantastic. The bread at this place is very good, and I was surprised they have small real cloth towels, rolled up, stored on an old wine rack, aside of the sink, to dry your hands, great idea. This place is very well thought out, great attention to detail. They only have 28 seats, make a reservation. I liked this meal so much, I ate lunch here twice also, the 3 course lunch menu is 13E. Bayeux is a great home base to visit the region, some day I`ll make it back to their, and to Au Ptit Bistro.

• Visited September 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lyon, France
“Excellent Food, Super owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

We ate as a family of 4 for dinner one evening during our stay in Bayeux. We got lucky as I called right when they opened and booked a table - the restaurant is small and fills up; they turned many away as we were eating so I would recommend reservations. The young woman (owner) was so nice and welcoming.
My husband and I each had the soup with Jerusalem artichokes and chorizo and the pork main dish (filet) served over pumpkin puree with zucchini. In a word, fabulous. They do have a kids menu - grilled fish or meat with potatoes were the selections the night we were there. The fish was salmon, which my kids do not prefer; she offered to substitute a cod which was nicely done in a light sauce with roasted potatoes. They had ice cream for dessert and we sampled a chocolate dessert - all great.
They had a very nice wine selection as well. I will note (as I read some other reviews) the pace is leisurely; we live in France so for us it was fine but I can see where it would seem slow to some. Definitely would go back!

Visited October 2014
“50th wedding Anniversary ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Simple French food prepared with fresh ingredients with a creative approach. We would recommend this as the must stop in Bayeux. Reservations are a must since seating is only in the mid twenties. The size of the venue makes for a homey friendly atmosphere.