“Beautiful B&B in the center of Bayeux” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Manoir Sainte Victoire

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bayeux
Le Manoir Sainte Victoire
Save Saved
You added Le Manoir Sainte Victoire to your Saves list
32 rue de la Juridiction, Bayeux, France   |
Ranked #1 of 28 Bayeux B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful B&B in the center of Bayeux”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our group of 4 had a wonderful 1 night stay. The 2 rooms we booked were large, clean and beautifully furnished. It is situated within a 5 minute walk of the Tapestry Museum and the center of Bayeux. Our host provided an excellent breakfast including freshly squeezed OJ and a fruit tart which was excellent. It's apparent that our host cares about getting the small details right. I highly recommend Le Manoir Sainte Victoire

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Bay Area, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Manoir Sainte Victoire is a B&B in a 15th and 17th century structure. The 3 available rooms are located in a circular tower adjacent to the main home. It is in the center of Bayeux, within walking distance to the cathedral and the must see museum containing the 1000 year old Bayeux Tapestry. (Aside: the excellent museum audio guide is a must to make sense of what you are seeing in the Tapestry). The owners are Jean-Pierre and Victoire Aitaoudia, a lovely couple whose sole concern is making your stay comfortable.

Our room was spacious, and tastefully furnished. It was clean and odor free. The bed is comfortable. The modern bathroom has a walk in shower, but no tub. There is free WiFi. The breakfasts during our two day stay were delicious. You are offered several different breads and baguettes, a dozen jams to choose from, choice of teas, and a different pastry and fruit daily. We had no trouble finding on street parking near the B&B.

Even if the famous Tapestry were not in Bayeux, the Manoir Sainte Victoire warrants a trip to Bayeux. Our two night stay was too short. Things to note: the 89 Euro rate for two persons is paid in cash; 15th century towers do not have elevators. You must be able to navigate up and down the stone, pie-shaped stairs of the circular staircase that has a rope bannister.

Room Tip: Ask for the first floor room if you don't want to navigate the stairwell.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

A great find! Trip Advisor became my 'best friend' in planning our recent holiday and this B&B in Bayeux lived up to all that others had said in their reviews. It is superb. I loved the room we had, the decoration was delightful, the welcoming tea tray set up in our room most appreciated, the beautiful bathroom and huge shower most welcome. The breakfast was delicious and host and hostess were charming as well as extremely helpful. The room was spotlessly clean and bathroom linen was changed daily. The host very kindly ran us to the station when we had an early start rather than having to call a taxi. The location is ideal, easy walking distance to the centre of Bayeux and an easy walk from the station to the B&B. For those who are there on a Saturday walk up to the Bayeux market which is very interesting with live chickens, rabbits and birds along with a range of food and the usual market craft. This B&B was the most delightful hotel/B&B we stayed at in our six week holiday in Europe. We only stayed two nights - another time I would definitely use Bayeux as my base to explore further afield.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms available so book early!
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I don't usually take the time to write reviews, but I so enjoyed my two-night stay at Le Manoir Sainte Victoire that I just had to. The location is excellent, right in the heart of the city, a one-minute walk to the Cathedral. Street parking was not easy, but I managed to find spots very close by (and my hosts gave me their dashboard parking permit to use). The Aitaoudia family were very gracious hosts and have done an amazing job restoring the medieval tower that houses their guest rooms. The rooms are light, spacious, and beautifully appointed with lovely antiques and paintings. I loved having a small, fully-equipped kitchen at my disposal, too. I'm not a big breakfast eater, but I couldn't resist a homemade fruit crisp hot out of the oven one morning. It was both the most charming place I stayed during my trip to Normandy, and the best value. I recommend it highly. My thanks to my hosts for their wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

We stayed in the first-floor "Miro" room (2d floor, by American-style counting) for 2 nights in May. The room and bathroom were clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast was fabulous.
The Manoir Sainte Victoire is on a quiet narrow street only a few minutes' walk from the center of Bayeux. There is no parking next to the Manoir Sainte Victoire, but we found on-street parking close by, around the Place Charles du Gaulle.

Alpharetta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I just returned from a trip to Normandy that included two nights in Bayeux. Staying at the Manoir Saint Victoire was splendid. The host was gracious. He did not speak English, but that's part of the adventure of travel to a foreign country, isn't it?. Not to worry, he was able to communicate to us everything we needed to know. The house is beautiful and the room was spacious. Breakfast in the morning was a real treat. The MSV is located minutes from the cathedral and just a short walk from the Tapestry on a very small, narrow and QUIET street. We availed ourselves of his garage (at 10 euros/night) for our rental car and it was a worthwhile expense to know we had a space and the vehicle was secure. It's really hard to recommend this place too highly.

Room Tip: There are only three rooms. Access is via a narrow circular staircase so a lower floor is easier...
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Its really hard for me to believe that Le Manoir Sainte Victoire is the #9 ranked B&B in Bayeux. It has to be ranked higher! Its that nice of a place and that good of a value. My wife and I stayed at the Manoir Sainte Victoire for one night at the end of April. To begin with, Sainte Victoire is a three minute walk from the heart of Bayeux, including the cathedral and many restaurants and shops. All the rooms are recently renovated with modern bathrooms. Our room also included a kitchenette which is perfect for travelers who want to do more at home. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens and towels, were new, clean, and of high quality. The hostess and her family extremely warm and inviting! The hostess speaks English well. They also offered a wonderful French breakfast, wish fresh breaks, cakes/tarts, and jams. They offered freshly squeezed orange juice and American-style coffee. An excellent start to the day. An all for 90 euros a night. Truly and unbelievable deal. If my wife and I make it back to Normandy we will definitely be staying here again. I should point out that they only take cash, no credit. But they sent there wonderful, multilingual daughter with my wife to find the ATM machine. So nice! Also, it may not be the most handicap friendly place in the world, so if you have issues you should request the room on the first floor. But other than that this place is a jewel and I doubt it will stay hidden for long.

Room Tip: To access the rooms you have to climb a spiral stair case. If that is a challenge then you should r...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Manoir Sainte Victoire? Share your experiences!