“"Band of Brothers" real-time tour!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 31 Activities in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of the D-Day beaches and battlefields of Normandy for history-buffs and passionate travellers who want a detailed look at the historical areas, visiting not just the famous sites, but places off the beaten path that are often overlooked.It's no surprise that many people who take tours with Paul Woodadge the DDay Historian become friends afterwards. Via his Facebook page and e-mail he continues to offer "after tour" advice on books and history and these clients return again for more tours.
Naples, Italy
“"Band of Brothers" real-time tour!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My in-laws, husband and I did Paul's "Band of Brothers" tour this past April. We had each seen the series at least twice through and some of the people in my group had read the Stephen Ambrose book. That being said we all had a decent background on Easy Company's story. What we knew were the facts and general locations of various events, but Paul offered us that plus so much more. We were taken to specific locations that we would not have been able to find on our own. We were told personal stories and first-hand information as Paul has spent time with many of the soldiers. His historical accounts of their stories are incredibly in-depth and he explains them while standing on the same soil the company stood on 70 years ago. This was an incredibly worth-while experience. Paul is entertaining and eccentric but most importantly incredibly knowledgable on the subject matter. His website does a good synopsis of the itinerary. This was a one-day tour and Paul picked us up at our B&B in Bayeux.

Visited April 2014

Chesapeake, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
“The Standard For D-day Tours.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I am a 50 year old lawyer traveling with my lawyer wife who has a history degree, Father-in-law who is a Notre Dame chemical engineer & my 11 year old son & 16 year old nephew. My father-in-law & I have read about WWII & D-Day for years, but what we had was the broad strokes. We took Paul's two day American Experience Tour in June of 2014. We were completely blown away & it exceed doll of our expectations. First, you don't know what to expect until you walk the ground. Paul has done this for years & his knowledge, experience & passion for the subject make his tours spectacular. We lost count of the "WOW" moments. His knowledge of the subject, terrain & participants is invaluable. Second, the only way to understand these events is with someone like Paul. Despite my years of reading, I did not understand this until walking the ground with Paul & having him explain and interpret the events where they happened. Would not have had the same experience with some one just pointing landmarks. Paul's tour was deeply moving & unforgettable. Can't wait to go back for the British & Canadian Sectors tours. Bottom line, if you want the full D-Day story, tour with Paul.

Visited June 2014
Pleasant City, Ohio
“Beyond My Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I arranged a 2-day tour with Paul mostly of behalf of my husband who is the WWII buff with a personal connection to D-Day via a beloved old friend. I thought I would go the first day, just tag along then maybe let him go solo the second day and I'd find something more interesting to do. Boy was I wrong! Paul had us both intrigued, fascinated and excited to learn more within the first hour. He focused on the actual lives and stories of these soldiers, their hardships, the luck, the bravery and so much more. And he really worked to personalize the trip by doing some research on our beloved friend in between our two days so that we could retrace the steps where he might have walked and fought. The whole tour was very moving and powerful for us and one we will never forget. Thank you Paul.

Visited May 2014
“A day I will never forget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I'm an 18 year old american and I cannot imagine being put on the frontline and having to deal with the death and the bloodshed. But thousands of men my age stormed those beaches and paid the ultimate sacrifice on an unforgettable June 6. The tour that Paul took me on changed my life forever. This is especially true due to my age and I would say this has to be a right of passage for any 18 year old male. The tour was sombering and put my views into prospective and this was because of Paul's enthusiasm and insightful facts unknown by even most WWII experts. My only regret was only spending one full day with Paul.

Visited February 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Absolutly Fantastic Tour with Paul Woodage”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I am a 15 year old boy who took the American Experience Tour. The two day tour was incredible and gave me a much greater appreciation of what happened in Normandy. Paul takes you to places commonly overlooked that were vital to the invasion, and only the best historian would know where to look. I feel that many people miss out on such a great experience by just visiting the beaches and going home, but this is the true way to go. Paul's enourmous amount of research and personal connections with veterans is truly astounding, and there is no other way to visit Normandy than to take one of his tours.

Visited August 2013