“The Only Way to Tour the Normandy Beaches” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Tours of the D-Day beaches and battlefields of Normandy for history-buffs and passionate travellers who want a detailed look at the historical areas, visiting not just the famous sites, but places off the beaten path that are often overlooked.It's no surprise that many people who take tours with Paul Woodadge the DDay Historian become friends afterwards. Via his Facebook page and e-mail he continues to offer "after tour" advice on books and history and these clients return again for more tours.
Arlington, Virginia
“The Only Way to Tour the Normandy Beaches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My wife and I spent three days with Paul Woodage touring the WWII sites of Normandy. We loved every second. Paul's heart is truly in his work. Having had a taste of the Normandy experience with him, I cannot imagine anyone else as a guide. Seeing the beginning of the liberation of Europe with Paul will stay with me for many days to come. The brave men who landed in Normandy by sea and by air deserve our never ending gratitude and respect. These tours do them honor.

Visited March 2013

Chicago, IL
3 attraction reviews
“BEST guided tour experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

After I booked the 2 day American experience and the Band of Brothers tours, I worried that I might have chosen a tour that was above my knowledge and interest, however, Paul Woodage is an exceptional guide. He has the ability to take you to a seemingly innocuous site, layer a personal veteran's story over the historical account, back it up with photos and maps and put a "small" event into the context of D-Day. By the end of the 3 days, I was asking relevant questions about the placements of weapons, the orientation of the site, and tactics employed. Paul taught me how to stand in a cow pasture and "see" history. If his tours are booked, change your travel dates.

Plano, Texas
12 attraction reviews
“Excellent Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We were by no means WWII experts, yet after spending two days in our small group led by Paul Woodadge, D Day Historian, Utah and Omaha Beaches are now etched in our memories. If you want to hear and experience real people and their personal stories, Paul's research, interviews, and friendships with the soldiers of this era will be brought to life through this tour. My only regret is not booking three days instead of only the two we enjoyed. Don and Cathy

Visited October 2012
19 attraction reviews
“Great Tour and would do it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We took the day long tour to all the beaches of D-day and some of other sites some off the beaten path some not. Loved every minute of this tour!

Visited August 2012
Austin, Texas
“Normandy~ 2 Days in November”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Four of us stepped off the train in Bayeux, France, not knowing quite what to expect with our upcoming two day tour lead by Paul Woodage.
What I concluded was that on a short bucket list of VERY special events in life, this rated at the top.
Paul lead us to the most interesting points of combat and immersed us in the lives and stories of the young men living and dying in those places.
I came away a more humbled and more thankful person following those two days. The history is still alive, thanks to Paul and his dedication to keeping those men alive for posterity.
Kathryn Evans