“Amazing meal!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of la table du terroir

la table du terroir
42 rue saint jean, Bayeux, France
0231922733
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
la table du terroir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 72 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Amazing meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We enjoyed an amazing meal--one of the best meals I've had in years. The service was exceptional and friendly. Reservations are highly encouraged though we lucked out by arriving at opening time--7pm. The Chicken Normandy was divine--apples, cream and Calvados with just the right amount of sweet and savory. The onion soup was delicious and just the right amount for a starter. We had a wine recommended by our server and were very pleased. Dessert of sweetened brioce fried in butter and served with salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream--amazing and divine and maybe even sublime. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Pleasant Atmosphere, Good Food, Wonderful Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

My friends and I stepped into this restaurant after walking about Bayeux on a cold and windy day. It was so nice to come into a warm and inviting space. The waitresses were very friendly and spoke to us in English, since they could tell right away that our French was limited. Well all ordered from the "menu". The food came out rather quickly. I had a delicious terrine with caramelized onions, Chicken-Calvados style and the Apple pie for dessert. It wasn't the best thing I've ever put in my mouth, but still quite tasty. I figured, I should eat things with apples in it since we were in Frances apple region. I would not hesitate to go back to this restaurant. Especially since the service was so good.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Enjoyable find by other Hotel guests recommendation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I actually saved the receipt from this Rue Ste Jean Restaurant, not too far from our hotel. Ask for a table in the back which I you get ther early enough (we arrived about 6pm) will be more quiet before it fills up. Husband had the French Onion soup which he loved. He also had a special of the day for his meal ( can't recall, but do remember he .loved it). I had the chicken special of the day,and we shared a bottle of St Emilion for 28 Euros which by American standards was a good price. We shared dessert and coffee. A nice find for 69 Euros in total.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
seattle, wa
“great seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stopped by on a December weekday night while on vacation. The desserts were nothing to write home about, but the seafood main dishes we had, as well as the sauces, were astounding! We almost drove several miles up to Bayeux the following night to have the same thing again. (I particularly enjoyed the scallops in profiterole shells.)

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Very tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We had a good, solid lunch here. Very nice atmosphere and reasonable prices. The wine options were good, too.

Visited November 2013