“So So” 3 of 5 stars
Review of la table du terroir

la table du terroir
42 rue saint jean, Bayeux, France
0231922733
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
la table du terroir is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 72 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Melville, New York
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

After walking through Bayeaux and reading all of the menus we settled on this restaurant. I have a little French but the waitress didn't understand when I asked for deux vers du vin blanc. A man at the next table had to help her with a translation. The food was decent quality with very small portions. The haricots verts that were ordered as an additional side dish looked and tasted as if they had come right out of a can!

Visited May 2013

Barnet
“Bad steak, bad attitude spoiled otherwise good meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Sunday night in Bayeux restaurant options are limited, but the menu looked good and four of us ate there quite late for France - 8.30pm. We all chose set menus and generally the food was very nice and the service pleasant. However my husband's steak was mostly gristle and - after a while - he gave up trying to eat it and just ate the accompaniments and tasters from everyone else. The waitress asked what was wrong and we said the steak was bad. She did, in fairness, offer a replacement, but by then we had all nearly finished, it was late and my husband did not want to wait for anything else. The rest of our meals were very tasty (although the veal kidneys were well done, rather than the pink I would expect) and so it was very disappointing when there was no adjustment to the bill at the end of the evening. The explanation that "it was a set menu and we offered an alternative" offered by the owner, Fabian, was not acceptable and was done in a rather supercilious manner. Just a small gesture of recompense would have made a huge difference to how we felt as we left the restaurant. To pay 24 euros for fish soup and tarte tatin was ridiculous - particularly as our total bill was over 160 euros. It is interesting to note the number of previous reviewers who also had problems with the steak. A shame really.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
York
“Watch out for the Whelk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I suppose my review will be dramatically impacted as I became sick as a dog from my meal. I am reasonably certain the cause was at least one of the 6 whelks in my entree. So, the real question is how would I review the restaurant if I did not spend the night in the bathroom cursing its very existence. My wife agreed to help construct a more objective review but we still came away giving an average score at best. Our food was not distinctive and we had much better "authentic cuisine" at a host of other restaurants during our 12 day tour of France. I will say the portion sizes were far larger than any other placed we had dined. My wife says La Table du Terrior might best be compared to Denny's........c'est la vie!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia
“Great meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had a great dinner here. For a starter, I ordered the salad bajacasse - chicken liver, ham, hard boiled egg, etc. - great flavors. Entree - a regional chicken dish with a white sauce and mushrooms, very good, and served with very tasty carrots. Desert selections are good. Staff is attentive and bi-lingual.

Visited May 2013
Fordingbridge, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff and nice food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Very nice meal. Varied menu with good choice. I left my reading glasses behind and the owner ran afer me down the street to give them back. Overall friendly and good food at reasonable price, The house red wine in a carafe is absolutely lovely.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere