My wife and I really enjoyed our stay in Bayeux. We found the town to be beautiful and enjoyed our 3 full days there. One day was used to take a tour on the landing beaches - and the other days were spent exploring Bayeux - the British Cemetery, the Reporters Memorial, the wonderful Bayeux Cathedral... Walking the old streets of Bayeux was a great experience and you can really encompass much of the town on foot. We really felt that we were not in North America.
The accommodations were good. The location with respect to the train station and Bayeux was excellent. We had a large room on the second floor. Breakfast was continental and adequate. All this being said the lady who runs the place conveys “attitude” – she needs to soften her tone. She treats her customers like a school principal dealing with students. I actually felt that she was in the wrong profession – and did not know the meaning of hospitality- as in Welcome to my Guesthouse. Unlike some of the other reviewers I do NOT feel that this was a language issue. I can understand French and she was treating French customers in the same condescending manner.
- Also Known As:
- Le Castel Noble Guesthouse Hotel
- Le Castel Noble Guesthouse Hotel Bayeux
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Art Deco villa built in 1937, right in historic center of Bayeux. Next to train station, museums, restaurants and place du Québec (tours pick up place). Some rooms with Cathedral view and private balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Le Castel Noble Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.