“La Rapier Will Leave You Enraptured” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 71 restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Description: In the heart of Bayeux, La Rapiere is a warm and traditionnal restaurant,with a food that we try every day to raise to offer you high standard meals.
New York City, New York
“La Rapier Will Leave You Enraptured”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé booked this restaurant months in advance and I am so grateful for this. I have dined in many fine restaurants all over the world and this by far is the best one!!!!! Our stay in France and Bayeux specifically was beautiful, but the fine dining experience really made the trip. Every item brought out was exquisite and delightful. The owners and staff were pleasant, charming, and excellent at their work. Upon learning of my food allergy they went above and beyond to provide me with a yummy and safe treat. From start to finish it was the perfect experience. The meal was very affordable as well!!! Thank you so much for such an amazing dining experience!!! We loved every minute there and so did our mouths and stomachs!!! Be advised they have awesome gluten free bread!!!

95% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious and charming restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Bayeux and were told this is the best restaurant . We luckily got a reservation and were so delighted by the meal. My husband had the fish stew and he still raves about it and wants me to duplicate the recipe. We loved the intermezzo which was sorbet with Calvados brandy. The desserts were wonderful. We liked the small and intimate dining room
which gave it a old world feel. The hostess and owner was so delightful that we had quite a lively conversation with many laughs. We have to say that this was a better meal than we had in any Paris restaurants on this vacation!

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, service and ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We stayed in Bayeaux for two nights and tried to reserve La Rapiere on the first night but it was already full so we then booked for the next night. We were very happy we had done so. It is a smallish restaurant so understandable that it gets booked up, but that is also because everything else is very well done. You enter the restaurant through a small alleyway in the old part of the town. Once inside the ambience of the old building is great. We were welcomed by very friendly staff who were attentive all evening and the food was excellent and reasonably priced for the quality. It was especially nice to see a reasonably priced wine list when it is so common for restaurants to overprice wine. We were recommended a bottle to go with our meal which was perfect.

All in all an excellent restaurant. I would definitely go again if we return to Bayeaux

Claremont, California
“Great meal -- not to be missed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of the best meals we had during a recent vacation in France -- not only in Normandy, but also in Paris. My wife and I both tried the fish stew with vegetables, which was delicious (delicately flavored; I did add salt). My son's fish, simply prepared, was also very good. Try the pousse rapiere aperitif cocktail -- light and refreshing on a hot day.

Having read the reviews, we made reservations for lunch, but there were tables open when we visited on a weekday. Gracious service, charming ambience and (very welcome in a region where menus are dominated by heavy meat and fish dishes) lovely fresh vegetable entrees and sides. Given the cost of meals generally, the prices were very reasonable. I only wish we had had the opportunity to dine here more than once.

“Lovely evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful place. Most of our dishes were excellent although one fish dish was tasteless. I had cheesecake for dessert. It was very rich. Overall a nice meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Food