“Outstanding 2 Day Tour - our best time in France!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 31 Activities in Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Normandy,our tour agency invite you to discover the most poignant locations of the 1944 Normandy Landing,including the key landing beaches, war museums, and battlefields. Recommended by Veterans.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
“Outstanding 2 Day Tour - our best time in France!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We booked this 2 day tour several months before our visit to the Normandy area. We were picked up at the meeting location promptly each day of our tour and went in a passenger van. We had a long, enjoyable day and returned early in the evening. There were only 4 on tour each day since it was the beginning of the season. The tour was extremely interesting and engaging. We visited so many areas of historical significance during the D-Day invasion as well as two museums. Our guide each day, Dominique, was very knowledgeable and welcomed questions. She was genuinely interested in sharing her in-depth knowledge of the areas we visited. We highly recommend this tour and if you are lucky - you might have Dominique as your guide!

Visited March 2014

Franklin, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Can't say enough good about our tour. Our guide Collin was extremely knowledgeable, and entertaining. Great day and value. Collin could not have been more delightful.

Bentonville, Arkansas
14 attraction reviews
“What a wonderful two days ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I did a two day tour with Overlord Tours. Despite having reservations about spending so much money (360€) for the tours, upon completion we couldn't have been happier. The first day was with a large group tour of the Omaha and Utah landing beaches, along with the American cemetery and Pont du Hoc. The second day, because of scheduling, we ended up having an unofficial private tour of the Band of Brothers tour as no one else had booked the same tour for that day. Our tour guide for this day was Oliver and he was a pure delight to be with.
I will never regret spending that much money on these two tours, knowing it was probably a once in a lifetime event for my wife and I.

Toronto, Canada
“The highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

From the moment of booking, to the start of the tour in Bayeux and throughout an incredible day of history with the British & Canadian Beaches Tour... this company is well deserving of it's excellent reputation ! Our guide Brigitte was delightful and extremely well informed on the subject matter. As we are Canadian, she graciously added a stop at Ardenne Abbey allowing us to pay our respects to the Canadian Soldiers who were killed during that battle. I would give my highest recommendation to anyone wishing to book a tour with this company !

Visited April 2014
Ellicott City, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
“We were glad to take the half day tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great company to tour with. Guide was friendly and knowledgeable. Ironic that he was German! We only had time for a half-day tour, and I am glad we did this. Though we did NOT get to see Utah beach, it was Omaha that seemed to have the most to see and talk about as it was a much tougher fight for the Americans here. Take this tour, and then if you think you want more time at the cemetery, or really want to see Utah, do that on your own. I am sure someone possibly with a relative who fought here might have a different take, but for me, just personally seeing these sights I have read about or seen movies about was my overall goal, and the half day tour was perfect. Kudos to overlord tours

Visited April 2014