“Great tour, great value, great, great great” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Based in Normandy,our tour agency invite you to discover the most poignant locations of the 1944 Normandy Landing,including the key landing beaches, war museums, and battlefields. Recommended by Veterans.
“Great tour, great value, great, great great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I took my dad and son over to Normandy for a tour of the D-Day landings and it was amazing. We did the 2 day tour with day 1 in the American sector and day 2 in the British and Canadian sectors. On both days our tour was excellent. The guides were full of interesting stories of the landings, had lots of photos to share of how the locations would have looked back in 1944 and we came home full of information that we would not have got if we had visited the sites independently. I would strongly recommend anyone going to book with Overlord Tours.

New York City, New York
“Awesome Tour!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I took this tour on March 20, 2013. My tour guide was Dominique and Stephan who is in training. Dominique was terrific and her knowledge of WWII and the battles in Normandy was extensive. I knew a lot about the events of D-Day but she really put everything in perspective with military maps and original photographs. The tour was extremely interesting and well done! Thanks to Dominique and Stephan my trip to Paris came to end with an awesome and moving experience visiting the American cemetery and D-Day beaches! Thanks again and if I return to Paris I plan on taking another tour!!

Jodi
New York City

Orlando
“Overlordtour is Great!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Christele was really nice in setting up our tour for the four of us in March 2013. She called me (Orlando, FL) from Bayeux to answer a few of my questions . Now that is TLC!!. Olivier was a tour guide and was very knowledgable about the Invasion. We had a mini van so we were able to go places that large tourist buses could not reach. The worst winter storm hit Normandy and some of the trains did not run. Christele made sure that we had transporation from Caen to Bayeux since the trains were not running. Paris to Bayeux went fine. Great Tour and we just. loved the 4 person tour. Great job Olivier and thanks! Bob, Orlando, FL

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Overlord tours with Brigette was wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My son and I had the privilege of being escorted on our Overlord tour on March 1, 2013 by our guide, Brigette. She was so knowledgeable about the events and history of D-day. The detailed and factual information was amazing. We took the "Band of Brothers/Omaha Tour" and had an incredible day. It was a very emotional and moving experience. Brigette certainly has a passion for history and spoke excellent English. You can't imagine the magnitude of events that took place until having it come alive again with stories and pictures that were greatly explained by Brigette. I would recommend this tour to everyone.

Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“I wont visit Normandy without Overlord”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Our group of four adults visited Bayeux during May 2012 and we took the full day Omaha/Utah tour. This was the third time taking a Normandy Beaches tour with Overlord. The two prior tours were Sept of 2006 and May 2007. The guides are freindly, speak great english and really know the area and history. The tours see all of the main attractions, but also stop at lots of small out of the way places that have historical value. The groups are small, about nine people in our tour. The stops are never rushed. The stop for lunch was great, a good restaurant and plenty of extra time to roam around after eating.

Alaine and his guys really are the best. Each time we have gone, the guides have been very helpful, even taking us to the train station after the tour ended, so we could get to the ferry terminal on time. ne time, They even made an extra trip to the train station with the members of our group of ten (May 2007) that didnt take the tour! We really felt like we made friends with the folks at Overlord!

Visited May 2012