“Wonderful Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Wonderful Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Found this place while walking around historical Bayeux. They have great (Formules) lunch menus. Their A La Carte menu is also very good. Everyone was very friendly and very quick to serve. The food quality, presentation and quantity was excellent. We liked it so much we ended up returning there for a secod meal during our stay in Bayeux. As much as it sounds like a cliche, Le Drakkar symbolizes everything amazing about French cuisine. Great value for what you get with great service and quality.

Toronto, Canada
“One of the best French meals I have ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I am one who doesn't usually enjoy French food - like I don't understand the fascination with French cuisine, nor do I get really excited to eat in France. After eating at Le Drakkar, I now understand the hype. I ordered the duck carpaccio (having never eaten duck), the lamb chops (I am not usually a lamb eater) and the chocolate mousse for dessert (...I eat a lot of chocolate). I can't even describe to you how delicious each dish was, but clearly the restaurant staff knows what they are doing. I won't even bother eating potatoes ever again, because I don't see the point after eating the fried potatoes that came with the lamb - I have never had better potatoes. Some of my companions ordered the scallops, the escargot, the calvados ice cream and the creme brulee - they all said each dish was to die for. The prices were reasonable and definitely worth it. It was so good we all went back two days later for lunch, during which I ordered the margherita pizza. Again, I won't bother eating pizza ever again, since it will never be as good as the pizza I had at Le Drakkar. Just go there right now.

Sydney
“A great little find.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had a terrific lunch here today for just 11.8€ each. 3 courses, generous serves of honest, tasty French fare. We had a miscommunication with the waiter over a dish but they immediately sorted this out. I had a vegetable tart, braised beef with carrots and divine mashed potato and a berry tart.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cambridge
“18 Euro for a 3 course 5 star meal. this is steal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

for a fixed price this was the best meal of our trip we had
starter onion soup, or patti, stuffed salmon. beautiful food presented as only the french can.
main, steak, chicken,mixed grill on a kebab all first class
sweet cheese in a apple brandy, sorbet , pancake. all top notch food, wine is about 23 Euro a bottle, staff very good service, location in the centre so walking distance, other set menus are available some more expensive some cheaper but this one was 5 star for value

Visited May 2013
Smith Mountain Lake, VA
“Excellent in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stopped into a nearby restaurant because it advertised 'onion soup' on the door, a very welcome dish for the cool rainy days that were the norm for the 4 days we were in Normandy. However, after being squeezed into a tiny table inches from the party at the next table, we tried to order onion soup, only to be told they didn't have it today. (The sign on the door definitely looked permanent and there were many open tables that offered more room). So, we left, and went a couple doors down to LeDrakkar. It also advertised onion soup, and when we inquired before sitting down, we were answered in a friendly, English-speaking voice in the affirmative. We were given a lovely booth, received attentive service, and enjoyed our two onion soups, plus a delicious dessert of almond ice cream with caramel topping. The young man at the bar, who also served as host, was exceptionally professional, and the server was equally professional and friendly. We appreciated being treated as guests and not an inconvenience.

• Visited May 2013