“Fine dinning in Bayeaux” 4 of 5 stars
Review of le pommier restaurant

le pommier restaurant
38-40 Street of Cuisiners, 14400 Bayeux, France
+33 2 31 21 52 10
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
le pommier restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 72 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Melbourne, Australia
“Fine dinning in Bayeaux”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to this lovely restaurant on the recommendation of the hotel. I had the Fois GRAS followed by Rabbit cooked in a Wasabi sauce. Very delicious.

Visited April 2013

Basel
“A special take on local cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

A visit to this restaurant made our first day in Bayeux particularly special. We had the prix fixe menu and tried some of the local dishes of beef and duck. They were delicious, particularly the sauces. Save room for dessert. Service was wonderful, though the courses came quickly. They could stand to slow down the pace just a tad, though I think if we'd said something about this they would have accommodated us. Prices are not above what I would expect for a great meal in the middle of a tourist center. Enjoy.

Cardiff
“What a disappointment a mediocre soulless little place with childish staff.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

After a long drive and a welcome stop over when driving from Spain back to the Uk, we were really looking forward to going having lunch here. It was recommended on trip advisor and had good reviews,but I really don't see why and it makes me no longer trust the trip advisor site.. which is a worry as it took me ages to research it all and in the end i felt let down. Firstly, the place was dead and had no atmosphere. The meal was overpriced. The waitresses were superficial and going though the motions, but really not giving a damn whether we enjoyed the meal and experience of eating there. It's such a shame as we were only in that area for a few hours and were tired and in need of a good break. Instead we found the whole meal and empty and sterile encounter. There were three waitresses two of which were young and an older one who took our order and was unwelcoming and sour faced. They all ended up standing around by the bar, with some young guy who worked there, in earshot, got a fit of the giggles that lasted all through our second course and until we left. It went on and on and they even came to the table at one point and couldn't stifle their laughter ... It was like being on the back of a bus with a load of childish school kids. i have nothing against laughter but it spilled over to the point of sheer rudeness. The toilet was dirty and I had to clean it before I could use it. There was no soap left in the dispenser. The set menu at 15 euros each was nothing more than ok. The drinks were extra and cost a lot for just one bottle of water and a tiny glass of average wine. The terrine for the first course was supposed to have been made of fish but tasted of nothing.. Bland and uninspiring, but because we were starving we ate everything, but it felt like canteen food, and something you.d get in some motorway service station. The bread was nice but you.d expect bread to be ok in france ... and it is an extra not a thing to be excited over. We held out making any negative comments as we hoped that the second course of chicken in cider would be better, but sadly not. The sauce and the small beetroot purée were good but that is all I can say. The dish was not that great at all. Lots of chips. The overcooked tiny amount of veg, small piece of dry uninspiring chicken. I don't understand why anyone bothered to give this place a good review, I really don't . I don't go around writing negative reviews as have better things to do but felt so strongly that this place has been hyped up when really it is not worth the money nor time to go there. I don't know who the manger/ owner of this place is, but if they are reading this, then do yourself a favour and really take a hard look at your chef and waiting staff and start again.... Send them on some needed training. Or spend more time in your restaurant. in the end, we couldn't wait to get out of there and the staff were obviously eager to get the place closed promptly at two. We were polite and also going through the motions, tipped and said nothing to them as it is obviously something a manager needs to attend to, so I felt it best said in a review. The previous evening we had been to a family run place in France which was excellent and what a different experience. Le Pommier is a sad little place indeed,

Visited March 2013
“Norman Comfort Food At Its Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Norman quisinne, with its creamy sauces, delicious grilled meats and seafood, is very much to my taste. If it suits your taste as well, then I highly recommend Le Pommier. At the same price point a traveler can get an outstanding meal at Le Pommier in Bayeux but only a so-so dinner in Paris.

Le Pommier's fixed-price menus, at 29 Euro are at the high end of other restaurants in Bayeux, but the slightly higher price brings with it greater selection in all segments of the meal. The service is provided by a friendly and attentive staff while the pace of dinner is in keeping with the best French tradition of allowing guests to linger over every course from aperitif to coffee.

Los Alamitos
“Great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I enjoyed the fish options and my husband enjoyed the rabbit. All was served with great fresh vegetables of the season. We ate here twice during our stay in Bayeux. A must while in Bayeux!
Really enjoyed the fireplace.