“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 103 Hotels in Lille
West Sussex
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were on a package Eurostar City break, where the rate for this Hotel was included in the package. The paper work was readily accepted on check in but sadly on departure there seemed to be a problem with accepting this and was asked for the room to be paid again, which was a bit embarrassing. However, once the management were involved this problem was solved and in a friendly manner, just could have done without it really. Now, the Hotel is very nice and our room on the sixth floor was beautiful and light with a great view over the city and the parks. It is a fantastic location just metres away from the Eurostar station just over the road. The city itself is just a ten or fifteen minutes walk and a very pleasant one too. Lille old town is a great place. I would definitely stay at this Hotel again and would not let my check out experience cloud my experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor room overlooking the city and parks.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

It’s always a pleasure to read our guests enjoyed their staying in our hotel. I would like to apologize for the disagreement during the check-out. We have shared your trouble with the reception manager and the problem is under process to be resolved.

We are truly glad you enjoyed your stay with. We are creating new packages, which may seduce you for your next stay in Lille.

We look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel,

Jean-Vianney Plays,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Iasi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have een there in the end of february and maybe ten times ago.
They have hight standards and they respect them.
The chief of reception keeps tthe level up.
Last year I have forgot my gold marriage ring in the bathroom the room maid have found it and put on the night stand.A fair lady from a 4 stars hotel!
A wonderful breakfast!

Room Tip: Try the rooms with a city wiew. The other are looking to a cemetery, but this is our last destinati...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having your professional stay at our hotel and for posting such a pleasant review on Tripadvisor.

It’s always a pleasure to read our guests enjoyed both our quality of service and the location. Unfortunately we can’t change the environment but do not hesitate, if it’s possible, to ask a room with a view on the city.

We hope to be able to welcome you again at our hotel very soon,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Upgrade of the tv system means you can now watch BBC1&2 and C4 here !
Rooms have been improved - new carpets but upholstery a bit dated and the Philippe Starck ghost chairs now just look old fashioned ....
Breakfast ok - expensive buffet with a pretty dull choice - great croissants and bread as expected but pretty awful hot food choice - undercooked bacon, rubbery eggs ........ Could do better ........
staff at breakfast very friendly !

• Stayed February 2013
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for staying a tour hotel and for posting such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad you enjoyed our new TV program which was one of the expectations of our businessmen. I will personally ask to our service staff more rigor about the breakfast and staying friendly with our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very good hotel. Great position to travel Europe. One hour to Paris. Good service reasonably good food. Nice rooms works well as a place travel Europe by train". 20 seconds to the station. Worth being a priority club member costs nothing however confirmation of bookings makes it easy to ensure your stay will be hassle free.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy you enjoyed our service and the location of the hotel. I hope your romantic break was pleasant and you had a good time in Lille.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Essex UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights B&B here as part of a Eurostar short break to Lille. The hotel is conveniently located directly opposite the railway station and is only a short walk from the Euralille shopping centre and town. This hotel is ideal if you don't want to drag your suitcases around, and there is the added bonus that the hotel will keep them safe following check out should you have a late train etc. Check-In was smooth and efficient. We were impressed with the gentleman behind the desk who was very polite and helpful (I believe his name was Miro). Our room was on the 4th floor at the front of the hotel. The room was clean, tidy and had everything you could possibly need. The bed was comfortable and there were no issues with towels or hot water etc. A good deep bath after a days shopping works wonders so it was lovely to have the choice of a shower in the morning and a soak in the bath later in the day. There was some traffic noise that interrupted sleep in the morning as commuters made their way to work, but had we been on a business trip this would not have been an issue. On the Sunday morning I asked for a wake up call at 8:00am as I needed to make an urgent phone call, but the wake up call came at 8:30am which was too late for me unfortunately. I am confident that this was probably down to it being a Sunday, but just in case set your alarm on your phone. The breakfast had plenty of choice and again the staff were very polite. My only issue with the breakfast was that most hot items were cold,(egg, pancakes etc) including the water used for tea, and on all but one day, the coffee which were both luke warm. We simply adjusted what we ate but the fact remains that this was a disappointment.
Without wishing to go into great detail; the location is favourable, the staff were their greatest asset, rooms were to a good standard and any issues we experienced do not detract me from rating this hotel as very good.

Room Tip: Away from the main road and higher floors
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are really sorry for the alarm and I will ask personally to our staff more rigor about it such as the breakfast.

We hope to be able to welcome you again at our hotel very soon.

Bushey, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I went to the hotel for a short break at the beginning of December 2012. I had chosen this hotel because of the general reputation of the group and the fact that I had stayed in Crowne Plaza Hotels before. The room was reasonable and the bed comfortable but that's about it. The service was absolutely terrible. We had to clear our own table for breakfast after queuing for quite a while, by which time there was very little food left and they did not replenish the dishes. The Hotel was quite full so many people would have had to go without altogether. We spent an entire day in the city, arriving back at around five only to find that our room hadn't been serviced and we had to find someone to deal with this. Waiting for the room to be serviced we went to the bar. After waiting for quite a while I then had to go in search of someone at Reception to inquire as to whether it was possible to be served. When we checked out, the male receptionist was far more interested in eating than checking us out. This is a premium priced hotel and on this occasion certainly didn't merit its four stars or cost.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Dear Peachestiger,

First of all, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel and for posting such a detailed review on Tripadvisor.
I am always involved when our clients' stay doesn't meet their expectations.
I am truly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. We have shared your impressions with the staff, so that the situation doesn't repeat.

I hope to be able to welcome you again!

Best regards,

Jean-Vianney Plays, General Manager.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here for two nights when visiting Lille.

The hotel is extremely well located for the Lille Europe station - it is literally across the road - and about 5 minutes walk from Lille Flandres station. It is a 15 minute stroll from the Grand Place and the area felt safe to walk around at night.

The room was spacious and comfortable and the staff were friendly and efficient.

I deducted one point for the exorbitantly priced breakfast - we picked food up from the Carrefour nearby for a picnic breakfast in our room instead.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Crowne-Plaza-Lille, Directeur général at Crowne Plaza Lille, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Lille and for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

I'm truly happy you appreciated both the location and the rooms.
As far as the breakfast, it consists in an unlimited garnished buffet, which can justify its price.

We hope to be able to welcome you again,

Jean-Vianney Plays, General Manager

Been to Crowne Plaza Lille? Share your experiences!