“Moroccan Oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 35 Lille B&B and Inns
Croxley Green
“Moroccan Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

The décor and atmosphere are delightful, it was nice to be given a choice of Moroccan or continental breakfast - we thoroughly recommend the Moroccan. After a full day sightseeing and walking round the Christmas markets, it was a pleasure to return to A La Fleur d'Oranger for a home cooked Moroccan feast. Nadia's cooking is excellent!

Our host very kindly provided maps and local knowledge to aide our enjoyment on our weekend stay.

Nadia, thank you for making us so welcome in your lovely home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I arrived in town at 8pm because of delayed flights. We thought we might not be able to check-in. We were warmly welcomed in by Nadia and her husband. The place was clean, warm, with charming moraccan decorations. It was consisted of a huge bathroom, good size bedroom, and a nice living room. Back yard was lovely and had easy access for us to go in and use the fresh air. Morning breakfast was plenty and lovely. Nadia was kind enough to help us out with directions and tell us where to go and eat and even where to go hair cut!! which by the way it was a great one right around the corner!
It was a last minute reservation that turned out to be surpisingly a great experience. I highly recommend this place. It's close enough to all the happenings and yet away enough for a nice and peaceful rest.

Thanks for everything!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed at 'La Fleur d'Oranger' for one night on a stop over during a weeks European driving holiday. Chosen purely from TripAdvisor reviews we were not disappointed, indeed I would go so far as to say that the place exceeded our expectations.

From the outset we received excellent Email communication from Nadia the proprietor. I was a little apprehensive at first as I rarely like to stay in B&B's as I feel like I am imposing on another persons family life. I needn't have worried as Nadia made us feel more than welcome. She really couldn't have done more for us. Whether it be ordering a taxi (due to our poor French), recommending all the places to visit, suggesting restaurants you name it, she did it. She even offered us a lift into town rather than use a taxi. We even got a bag of beautiful fruit for our journey home the next day.

The suite was better than we expected and I don't think that the photo's do the place justice. It is huge yet very romantic and comfy. The Moroccan decor was as authentic as it could have been. We went to Morocco last year and I didn't think the hotel over there was as good as this place. The bed was large and comfy with ample clean linen, indeed the whole suite was spotless.

Breakfast was offered as a choice between Moroccan or French. We went for the latter due to an early start in the morning. All the food was fresh and tasty. My only wish was that we could have stayed for a few more days. We would definitely return.

Room Tip: Book early to avoid dissapointment!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

During our trip in France it is one of the best b and b we stayed. The oowner is very helpfull. Rooms are really clean, confortable and quiet. it is just near the center and the breakfat was friendly. Everything was here. French bread, jam, butter, fresh orange juice .... and all this for a very good value. we will return with pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Michigan Center, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The place was amazing.... great and attractive ....super clean, and well decorated.... the bathroom was a jewel... and the suite was very comfortable... me and my husband and my kids we didn't want to leave this charming place.... Nadia was a very friendly lady with a great smile ,she made sure we were happy and having great time...the garden outside was a romantic spot to spend time with your hubby .... the home made breakfast was yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... I would definitely come back again .... I would give this place an A+... and I would recommended to my friends and family.

Dody from Michigan USA.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A delightful stay in a gorgeous town home! Extremely comfortable and quiet accommodation, close to old Lille, with incredible home-made breakfasts (try both the Moroccan and the French!) More an apartment than a room--attached living room, and lovely bathroom, all beautifully decorated, with charming courtyard for breakfasting in good weather. All of this, and the warm, vivacious, gracious hospitality of Nadia, the owner! Tout etait fantastic! Wish there was a B&B like this wherever I travelled!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Although we were a bit surprised not to find a sign or any sort of markings outside the house, all confusion was quickly removed through a quick call to the proprietor. This is a true B&B, in that you really rent a studio apartment on the ground floor of the house in which the owners live. The owner was very friendly, and she got us settled into our room and gave us some great suggestions about using the public transport and where to go and what to see. The moroccan breakfast was delicious, and the place is very tastefully decorated. We loved it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to A La Fleur d'Oranger? Share your experiences!