“Traditional French Place - Bring your Dictionary !!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bistrot de Pierrot

Le Bistrot de Pierrot
6 place de Bethune, 59000 Lille, France (Lille Centre 12)
03 20 57 14 09
Good for: Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lille Centre 12
London, United Kingdom
“Traditional French Place - Bring your Dictionary !!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Silly me...I chose this restuarant because I liked the menu on their website. I reserved a table and looked forward to having the items I read about online. Wouldn't you know it...the menu was completly different. Oh well, make do and order something else. Our starters (a fat rimmed pork terrine) were different then we thought as the menu is in French only and the waitress spoke only French as well (We are in France after all). My husband has an A Level in French and we both can read French well enough. This is restaurant that caters to a mostly local French clientele so no need for an English menu or even a waitress who speaks a smattering of English. The food was good and plentiful. My husband had the Boeuf Carbonnade (Beef Stew with apples) with salad and the BEST frites we ever tasted. I had the Boeuf Hache (Chopped steak) with Bernaise sauce, salad with frites. The meal was tasty and the restaurant was traditional in style...maybe a tad too brightly lit.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sussex, England
“Great food in a traditional French restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Just around the corner from the Palais de Beaux Arts, this is a traditional French restaurant, with efficient friendly service (although the staff did not speak English, they were helpful and courteous) my husband had tournedos steak rolled by crime brûlée, I had crevettes grises followed by cabauillard (cod) in a tarragon sauce. It was beautifully presented and the portion sizes were good. The bill including wine was 81euro. My husband said the frites were the best he had ever tasted! (Make sure at least one of you has chips then you can see if he is right)

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A great spot for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

A very pleasant little bistro in the heart of Lille which we went into by chance. It must have been a lucky day as this was a great find.

We only had a single dish for lunch, but both of our meals were excellent. My steak hache was full of flavour and perfectly cooked rare (take note London restaurants who refuse to do this!) My girlfriend had some smoked salmon which she loved.

Service was good and the overall cost low considering how good the food was. With so many poor places to eat in Lille this truly is a gem!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

My first visit to Lille so we just took a chance on the restaurant - and how lucky we were. Super bistro and the food is of excellent quality. Its not cheap but if you like good food and excellent service then you can't go far wrong. A couple of the staff spoke very good English and were happy to explain some items on the menu. Highly recommended

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Can highly reccommend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

We ate here in June - its situated in the centre of Lille so we just stumbled accross it. Unfortunately when we were there it was raining but if the weather had been nice we would have definately sat on the lovely terrace out the front.

Inside the restaurant is typically "french" but all the staff spoke English, the service throughout our meal was really friendly and efficient.

However the best thing about this restaurant was by far the food - we were in a group of about 5 and everybody was impressed by it. Steaks cooked to perfection, however the were a range of things on the menu to suit everyones tastes.

A great find will definately return if ever back in Lille.

• 5 of 5 stars Food