“cozy place” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Hasselt, Belgium
“cozy place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The "Moules" are nice (you have a few choices). The food is OK, but I've had better. Location is great if you are a shopaholic.

Visited June 2013

Kiev
“Not the best food I would like to have”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Eventhough in some sources this place called as the best one I would nit agree at all
We come across almost by the end of launch time. Place still be busy.
From dishes we choose not all where available. The staff pretended to speak English, but does not even got all order and after almost 30 min of wait we have to ask about the wine once more again, and actually to reorder. I would not judge on place but our waiter was not the est one.
The food was ok. Musells might be better. We travelled through nord France, and tried many of them. This one was not so outstanding at all.
Overall not the place I would remember and recommend

West Yorkshire
“Looked good, but not the best meal we had ...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Staying in Lille, we had to sample a meal of mussels and Aux Moules seemed to be an authentic choice. However, I think I can say I have cooked better mussels myself at home - the quality was poor and the finished product was pretty tasteless. Also, the chips were thicker than I would have liked. My husband had a creme brulee and I had iles flotant to finish the meal - both a bit on the "industrielle" side. We had to ask for a sleeve for the muscadet (a rather old vintage, which left something to be desired) and also for a carafe of water. However, the waiters looked good, there was a lively atmosphere and prices were reasonable, so overall it was acceptable.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Decent food in a great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

As from the name of the restaurant, they specialise in mussels. Solid meal at a very reasonable price. You won't be disappointed, but you probably won't remember it either.

Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing - little influence from Belgium's mussels or fries here!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Poor service, fairly cold fries and pretty bland mussels. Unfortunately this place draws little influence from neighbouring Belgium for making decent moules frites, which is a shame as the restaurant really plays on this.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere