“Receive a reliably good meal from friendly owners” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Georges
4 r Blanchers, Toulouse, France (Jacobins)
05 34 44 95 92
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Jacobins
Neighborhood: Jacobins
New York, NY
“Receive a reliably good meal from friendly owners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

Handwritten menus convey, sometimes falsely, a sense of security that the chef uses fresh ingredients and ideas every day. Most of the places on this street--there are many quaint restaurants--go the handwritten route. Not here, which initially worried me. But overall we had a nice meal. The owners are charming, and service excellent, though a bit forgetful. The escargot and scallops entrees were excellent. My wife's fish and my steak were perfectly prepared. Forgetfulness meant that my dish was delivered late and thus warm rather than hot. The recommended wine was not to my taste, but was perfectly reasonable in price. Overall good value, though perhaps not the best on the block. I would go to the place directly across the street first.

London, United Kingdom
“Pleasant surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2008

Really good food, warm and cosy atmosphere and central location. Good price too!

I went to Georges with a group of people for a celebration and we were all pleasantly surprised and had a great time! I would recommend going there on a Friday/Saturday night though as I have been to the same street (Rue des Blanchers) during the rest of the week and it is not as busy.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Really good, very nice service and they got the little extra thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2008

Really good, very nice service and they got the little extra thing