“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

The restaurant was recommended by the staff at our hotel so we wanted to try it. Tried to go to dinner on Monday night but it wasn't open, tried to go to lunch on Tuesday but found out they are only open for dinner. We figured third times a charm and went back on Tuesday night, we were not disappointed. Restaurant is run by 2 brothers and their Dad and the welcoming family atmosphere was apparent the moment we walked in the restaurant when they shake your hand to greet you. They do speak English but watching them try to explain a dish was entertaining. Food was excellent! I normally don't like goat cheese but their goat cheese appetizer on a baguette was fabulous. They end the dinner with a complimentary green drink that they like to enjoy with you. They like to talk to every visitor as if they are family and you leave the restaurant wanting to come back for every dinner.

• Visited July 2014

Bergen, Norway
“Excellent food - excellent patrons”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I do not ever bother with writing reviews after dinner but will make an exception for The Winter Garden. One of the best meals I've had in a long time, followed by generous amounts of free green (!) booze. (A tell tell sign that we spent far too much of our hard earned cash there;-) Superb food. And one of the most charming, witty and passionate food patrons I believe I have ever encountered. Excellent place!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Lovely food, great atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We visited the Winter Garden on Wednesday night perhaps earlier than most diners, at 7.30 and were the first customers of the night, so no problem for us getting a table.
We weren't put off by this due to the positive reviews here on Trip advisor.

The 2 men serving we're obviously those mentioned in other reviews, full of humour and very polite. Customer service was obviously a high priority.

The food was lovely and of a high standard. For starters we had goats cheese on crusted toasts, and gizzards with salad!
Mains were steak, and duck with a fruity sauce, both served with the famous layered potatoes in cream.
My only tiny fault would be the complete lack of a vegetable, but this is very typical in every French restaurant I've been in so far. Very strange since the range and quality of the vegetables in the markets are the best I've ever seen!

Although the restaurant became almost full, there was no pressure for us to hurry and leave. We had a further half carafe of red wine and enjoyed the atmosphere.
I would highly recommend the Winter Garden for a very enjoyable meal. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I love Toulouse. This is my second trip to the city and I made sure to come back here again! So far this is one of my favorite places in the city. The staff is unbelievably kind and lively. They're very passionate about what they do and are very easy to get along with and joke around with. The food is absolutely delicious and I've had the opportunity to try foods I've never had before. Located conveniently right by my hotel. Worth every penny! Enjoyed eating outdoors in lively little alley right outside the restaurant. The food was great, the service was great, and unlike many other places I've been here, the glassware and utensils were spotless!

• Visited June 2014
Hamburg, Germany
“Warm welcome and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We visited Toulouse with friends and had dinner at The Winter Garden on a Saturday night. Already the reservation was a pleasure, because one could feel the welcoming spirit of the restaurant. As we arrived one of the owners, the young man, who had answered the phone before, led us to our table and gave us the feeling to be known already and not tourist being here for the first time. The service was really excellent and familiar and the food was fantastic and tasty. The proposed vines perfect. We really enjoyed our stay here and will come back, when again on our next visit.

• Visited May 2014