“Great location, modern hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Toulouse Centre Wilson

You added Novotel Toulouse Centre Wilson to your Saves list
Novotel Toulouse Centre Wilson
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15 Place Du President Thomas Wilson, 31000 Toulouse, France (Wilson)   |
Ranked #9 of 135 Hotels in Toulouse
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great location, modern hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

The perfect central location to stay. Very modern and elegant reception welcomes you with friendly staff.

Rooms were also comfortable but not very big. Bathroom was clean and modern as well. Toiletries were ok , hair conditioner was missing.

Parking was near, no valet parking available.

We payed 120 euros for a deluxe room, which was good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

First trip to Toulouse and picked the Novotel based purely on location. Turns out this property was previously part of another hotel chain, but has been recently renovated and spruced up. Great reception area complete with small bar, XBox Kinect and free WiFi throughout.

We booked a room online (120 euro), then paid to upgrade to a suite (20 euros more) as we were travelling with our 8 year old daughter. The room wasn't ready so we went to lunch in the bistro attached to the hotel (see my other review). Upon our return from a great lunch, the room still wasn't ready, but we were offered a complimentary glass of wine etc in the bar which we thought was a nice gesture.

The suite we were allocated was not much bigger than a regular hotel room, although the reception staff told us they do have larger suites but they were fully booked. In any case the room was more than ample for the three of us with a large and comfortable bed and pillows, and a clever trundle bed for our daughter who is very tall and found the bed perfectly fine.

The room had a flat screen TV (limited English channels but adequate for news updates etc), Nespresso coffee machine and stocked mini bar.

I am quite fussy about hotel room cleanliness, (errant hairs, mysterious stains, dusty carpets etc will freak me out) but I couldn't fault the condition of either the room or the bathroom. In fact the furnishings and the bathroom were actually very modern and well laid out.

As we were checking out on a Sunday we read on the room information sheet that checkout could be as late as 5pm - (perhaps Sunday nights are quiet and housekeeping doesn't come in until Monday - not sure), but we took advantage of this and checked out after lunch around 3pm. Upon checkout we were informed that the minibar was actually complimentary which was a nice touch, the staff member even suggesting we return to our rooms and take a few drinks with us (we declined).

Finally there is a special running at the moment if you are a member of the Accor Le Club loyalty program (free to join) which offers very good rates for Friday and Saturday nights although I think the offer runs out in a month or so.

We really loved Toulouse and enjoyed staying at this hotel, and will very likely use this as our regular Toulouse hotel going forward.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
El Tarter, Andorra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

What a beautiful and modern hotel in the very centre of Toulouse. The interior is very modern and fresh and the staff were incredibly helpful and because I am language hampered (only speak English) they were more than accommodating.
Breakfast was great, one of the best selections I have seen in any hotel in France, only issue I had was about 30 mins before the breakfast closed, there was very limited hot food left or fresh juice. As we were on holidays, we tended to relax and sleep in a little and therefore only had the remains of breakfast to choose from, this was very substantial though with a great selection.
Our room was great and very modern, we had an executive suite on the forth floor and it was like being in a loft apartment - spacious, light, comfortable and an excellent bathroom.
The issues I had were minor but I thought I would write about them anyway so others are prepared for what I encountered.
Parking - hotel has none available although you can park in a public underground car[ark about 500m walk. The hotel covers some (very little really, out of EUR48, I had to pay EUR35) of the parking expense. When checking out I simply parked illegally outside the hotel to load the bags.
Internet - Very fast wireless, although became fairly intermittent several times. Also, something I found annoying about the internet is there are only two I.P. addresses assigned to each room. In this day and age of smart phones, laptops, Ipads etc, we ran very short and were a little limited by this. According to the in room book, there is high speed wired internet, although I couldn't get it to work ad would only be allowed into part of the hotels private network...
Accor Club - When booking this trip I went into my Accor club first and tried to book through this website, the price for three nights was approx EUR1000, rather steep I thought so I did some shopping around and found myself on the Novotel website booking the exact same room for the same period for approx EUR400....I have always assumed the Accor club site would provide the cheapest and best rate but after seeing they want 150% more I was shocked and very dismayed.Please always check the hotel website before booking through the Accor website as there is a huge difference in price. I wonder how many times previously I have paid extra for the same accommodation.

Room Tip: Check with the hotel website before trying the Accor Club website as the price was 150% higher on th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012 via mobile

This Novotel is brand new and situated right in the center of town.

My week long stay there was enjoyable, but I can't say I am enthusiastic about this hotel.

First, the welcome. Despite being a Gold member of the Accor program, I was turned down for an upgrade on the grounds that the hotel was "full". This was a blatant lie - throughout the week, the hotel seemed less than busy. I never even saw more than 3 tables occupied at breakfast.

The decoration tries to be too modern and cool. Considerable black/white contrasts, big open and clinical common spaces don't make this a cozy hotel. I wouldn't go there with my family and I am not sure it is sufficiently upscale to qualify as romantic. Just doesn't hit any of my marks.

The room itself was very nice, clean and all equipments worked perfectly. I thought I would get a bathtub, but I just had a shower - a bit of a shame at this price point.

The major disappointment was breakfast. Not much to chose from, poor quality viennoiseries, very poor coffee.

I will not go there again. Frankly, the less expensive Hotel Mercure Saint Georges 500m away offers much more value for money - the rooms are smaller and older, but still very clean and comfortable. And you get a bathtub and an outstanding breakfast.

• Stayed March 2012
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012 via mobile

If you secure a room with their online "flash rate", this is a real bargain. The rooms are design, stylish, brand new and comfy.
The location is unbeatable.
Only negative points:
The breakfast buffet area is too echo to enjoy your meal, there is always this annoying deaf background and it smells like chlorine - the jaccuzi is right on the mezzazine.

The hamman, sauna and jaccuzi are nice (+ free Nespresso and fruits) but the treadmills are facing a grey wall... Kind of dull.

Anyway, these are minor irritants - the hotel is outstanding, just don't have breakfast there.

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Novotel Toulouse Centre Wilson? Share your experiences!