“A crumbling, over-priced mess - avoid” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arnaud Bernard Hotel

You added Arnaud Bernard Hotel to your Saves list
Arnaud Bernard Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   33 Rue de la Chaine | Place des Tiercerettes, 31000 Toulouse, France   |
Ranked #63 of 135 Hotels in Toulouse
Porto, Portugal
“A crumbling, over-priced mess - avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2008

On business, I had to stay in Toulouse an extra day due to a strike, and this was the only cheaper central hotel with rooms free - and now I know why.

Described as a "hotel with charm" and that "the renovation preserved the architecture and charm of the hotel", all I can say is that is has the charm of a rubbish tip. See my photos for details!

The walls are covered with stained peeling wall paper, that uniquely has not been pasted onto the walls, but stapled! This is accompanied by exposed wiring and water pipes everywhere, bare lighting cables attached to the walls by more stapled pieces of wall paper, crumbling/broken "antique" (i.e., crap) furniture, and a general air of total decrepitude. My window opened on to a stair case with a step ladder and building materials on it, I had an "antique" writing desk, but not one chair in the room, no bedside tables, and a broken cupboard.

Do not think this is a work in progress - it was clear from the layers of dirt and dust that it had been in this state for some time.

At 75 euros, this was a disgrace. If I had not been on business with colleagues who had booked it, I would have walked out immediately.

On the positive side, it is well positioned in the centre near lots of lively bars and restaurants (which kept my colleague with a street view awake all night), and the bathroom was newly done and clean.

My advice - avoid this place like the plague.

• Liked — Position
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

For the money (70 euros), I think we could have done a lot better than this hotel. It's in a reasonably run down part of the city, but only about 10 minutes walk from the main square. But the property is in appalling condition, I couldn't believe they had the cheek to charge what they did. Slimy show curtains, soggy carpet, broken bed - and the icing on the cake - the bathroom of the room above us dripped on my bed during the night (I was wondering why my bed had a plastic sheet on it, now I know).
The owner is very friendly and helpful, but it will be a cold day in hell before I stay here again.

• Liked — The owner was helpful
  • Disliked — Disgusting bathroom, poor state of room
  • Tips/Secrets — Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Arnaud Bernard Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Arnaud Bernard Hotel

Address: 33 Rue de la Chaine | Place des Tiercerettes, 31000 Toulouse, France
Location: France > Midi-Pyrenees > Haute-Garonne > Toulouse
Bar / Lounge
Ranked #63 of 135 Hotels in Toulouse
Hotel Class:2 star — Arnaud Bernard Hotel 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Arnaud Bernard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Arnaud Bernard Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.