“Not a very good location at all - but nice hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Palladia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   271 Avenue de Grande Bretagne, 31300 Toulouse, France   |
Ranked #58 of 135 Hotels in Toulouse
Chicago, Illinois
“Not a very good location at all - but nice hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2009

I recently traveled here with my husband who attended a conference at the hotel. The location is really the only negative we found. There is really nothing around it and it was far to get to the capitole area with many shops and restaurants. The area seemed a little rough compared to other parts of Toulouse that we saw. The staff was nice enough although the front desk spoke very little English (which is understandable but many of the other hotels we stayed at did). There is also a hospital right next to the hotel so ambulances kept us up all night long going in and out. That was very annoying. The restaurant food was good but only had ONE server so it took forever to be served and impossible to ask for anything extra. Room was nice (minus the noise).

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Palladia during 3 days and I must say that i have never been so kindly welcomed in a french hotel. The rooms are lovely and the staff excellent.
I would definetly recomment this hotel to week-enders seeking high quality and contemporary style!
Great orange juice too!

Stayed January 2008
denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2007

I wouldn't recommend this hotel as a honeymoon spot or anything like that, but this hotel was fairly decent. The front desk staff was friendly, especially since we tried to speak French. You can tell they don't appreciate people just coming up and assuming they speak English- because some don't, or at least not very well.

The hotel was clean and comfortable, though the air conditioning was broken in our room (and supposedly in other guests' rooms too) but we opened a window, and were able to stay comfortable that way. The maid service was excellent, and the breakfasts we had were pretty good- and typical for Europe.

It is very expensive to get into town by taxi- around 25-30 Euros, so learning the bus lines is definitely worth it if you don't have a rental car. Downtown is definitely the place to be for your meals.

This isn't the place to stay if you enjoy spending lots of time in your hotel room, but I found it exactly what we needed. Nothing too fancy, but plenty of room and very clean and comfortable.

Stayed July 2007
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2006

We stayed here for a one day conference, and the hotel was fine - although the room I had was kind of weird. I think it was the sitting room to the suite on the top floor - the bed was a fold-out bed (slept okay though), the coffee table was pushed to the side, and the room had a stereo in it
It did have a lovely terrace though - shame it was raining cats and dogs.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2005

We spend the night in hotel Palladia in Toulouse in the middle of a heatwave. Unfortunately the airconditioning was not working in the room (measured 27degC in the room in the morning). Very bad night due to the heat forced us to drink all the water in the mini bar and that ended up being very expensive. Staff at reception was very unfriendly, refused to compensate for the lack of air conditioning and made sure we were charged for all the bottles. As we were thirsty we wanted to help ourselves to some water in the restaurant (there was botles and glasses displayed for that purpose) but were immediately ejected by restaurant staff saying that if we want water we have to book a table and pay for the water. I believe that this kind of treatment is not worthy of a 4 stars hotel especially after having paid over 200 euros for the night.
Another issue is the location. The hotel is far from the city centre and surrounded by motorways.
I am well travelled and stay in hotels several times per week and never bothered to write a review even in case of bad service. It is the first time that I feel I need to write a review. that says it all.

• Stayed June 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2003

It was absolutely terrible. I have traveled over 25 countries and stayed about 100 hotels. I can say that Hotel Palladia is one of the worst hotel in the world.

Four years ago, I booked this hotel for Football World Cup. Japan National Team was staying coincidently and I didn't know. When we came back to the hotel the second day of our stay, our room was changed without any notice or our confirmation and had already moved our all belongings to another small room of the lower floor!!! I asked the reason and a manager said "because the team wants you to move your room" . Even I claimed, the manager had never appologized to us.

When we were going out of the hotel, I asked the location of the hotel on a map, they didn't know. Restraurants were closed for dinner and there was no alternatives.

I cannot beleave it is 4 star hotel at that time.

• Stayed June 1999

Been to Hotel Palladia? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Palladia

Address: 271 Avenue de Grande Bretagne, 31300 Toulouse, France
Location: France > Midi-Pyrenees > Haute-Garonne > Toulouse
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#22 Luxury Hotel in Toulouse
#58 Spa Hotel in Toulouse
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Palladia 4*
This luxury hotel has a heated outdoor swimming pool and a spa centre. It is located 5 kilometres from central Toulouse, near Blagnac International Airport.Rooms at the Hotel Palladia are equipped with flat-screen satellite TV and free Wi-Fi access. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Palladia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Palladia Hotel Toulouse

If you own or manage Hotel Palladia, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.