“Great Location, Clean Rooms But Not Really Great Value For Money!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel Les Capitouls Toulouse

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel Les Capitouls Toulouse to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel Les Capitouls Toulouse
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   29 Allee Jean Jaures, 31000 Toulouse, France (Belfort)   |
Ranked #50 of 135 hotels in Toulouse
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Great Location, Clean Rooms But Not Really Great Value For Money!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights whilst in Toulouse on business. I had a standard double room single occupancy at a preferencial rate of €120 per night, i believe the average rate is around €180 per night.

The location is in great central location, just a short stroll to the shops and restaurants. There is also a small but nice little bar next door called Le Kentucky.

The room was clean with a comfy bed, mini bar, small wardrobe and average size bathroom with a shower but no bath. There are no toiletries as such, there is some squeezy soap on the wall and in the shower but that's your lot!

There is a TV in the room, however there are NO English channels!! There is free WIFI.

I stayed in room 107 opposite reception and up a few stairs. The first morning i was woken at 7:30am by what I thought was the lady in the room next door singing for Toulouse! However it turned out to be rather loud pipped music in the corridor. I did speak with reception and to be fair they did switch it on a little later the next morning with the volume slightly reduced, so problem solved.

The breakfast is very basic but of good quality with fruit salad breads, cheese, ham and boiled eggs. There was also nice fresh orange, juice tea and coffee. There was also the usual half raw scrambled eggs.

The breakfast is served in the bar area, which is a very basic looking area, I did not notice if they had a restaurant in the hotel.

The beer was priced at €2.50 for just under a half pint. This price was the same as the bar next door and slightly cheaper than some of the other bars i tried in the area.

All in all a pleasant enough stay but is it worth paying the rate they charge? Personally I think not! However everything in this area seemed to be expensive and I saw the Ibis advertising a rate of €99/night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have used this hotel several times now, for an overnight stay before we head home from the South of France. We have always stayed in the same family room - described as a suite. This has two small-ish bedrooms, and a small kitchen area with one bath/shower room and a separate toilet. It is always clean, and the beds are comfortable. The free wifi is fast enough to check e-mails and Facebook (vital when travelling with teenagers).
The location is excellent - a short walk from the metro, the town centre and all the historic sites. It is on the route of the airport bus, too. The other reason we return is the staff, who are always charming and helpful.
The downside to this hotel is also it's location - it can be very noisy, with those who have had a few glasses too many sometimes singing or shouting as they walk up the street, and the soundproofing is not great - not good for light sleepers.
We've only had breakfast there once (our flights have always been too early), and it was nice, though limited.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Light sleepers may want to ask for a room not facing the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was a comfortable stay... the room was very spacious, the bed was comfortable, and it had nice air conditioning (not to be taken for granted in the area!!). It was also in a great location, close to the city center and right next to a metro.

I was here for a work conference, and I know there were several others from our group staying here at the same time, so I do not know if this had any effect on things...but our power went out twice briefly. It was very short-lived, but startled me as one time it was 3 seconds after I turned the water off for my shower at night, and the other time while I was trying to get ready for my first morning at my work conference. Also, the water pressure and temperature in the shower were not great.

I will also note that others from our group reported that their air conditioning did not work well. My room was perfect though...so I don't know. If that's important to you, perhaps mention it!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Hong Kong
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked a suite and got two rooms with a kitchen between them. Definitely not our idea of a suite.
Next morning, no hot water. We were told that it was not the hotel fault. That did not make us happier. The hot water came back in the evening.
The toilet paper could have been used as sand paper.
When we paid our bill, we had to remind the hot water problem. The staff very reluctantly offered us a the breakfast for one morning (we stayed two nights). It's not for the money (although the price was quite high), it's the thought which counts.
The quality of the breakfast was quite poor.
I would give this hotel 2 stars and definitely go somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you ask for a suite, check that it's really one!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Good location with pleasant staff nice rooms and reasonable breakfast. The deal they have with jean jarres carpark very good, this is a good best western and worth a stay. Seen some negative reviews on here but they don't accord with our experience and we travel a lot for business and pleasure.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

A solid 'meh'. I think it's probably too expensive for what you get. Favourite thing: complimentary wifi. Least favourite: the very boring and barely adequate breakfast is charged separately at €16 per day per person. Do you know how many GREAT pastries you can get for that in Toulouse? LOTS.

Locations is great, walking distance to everything that matters, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. Rooms are comfy, but mine definitely needed some TLC, there were a few broken bits and bobs, no toiletries...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

This was definitely my last stay - ever - at this hotel. As a frequent business traveller to Toulouse, I saw the quality of service and cleanliness of this hotel degrading year after year. Apparently they have reached the bottom now. You can find my latest expercience as a Best Western Diamond Elite status member in this hotel hereunder:

Room 405: During my first night I received this very small and extremely noisy room. The problem with this room is the loud noise of the (I think) airconditioning or ventilation above the ceiling. Even with the airconditioning switched totally off the loud noise persisted, so I had to sleep the whole night with earplugs to finally get some sleep. When I called the reception to inform them they denied the problem and they said I had to switch off the airconditioning. As said before the loud noise persisted, even with the airco turned off. When I took a closer look to earlier tripadvisor reviews, this issue in this room had already been reported to the hotel management before. For me the denial of noise in this room by the reception personnel was a total lack of professionalism.

Room 412: Due to my complaint of noise in room 405, I received room 412 the next night. As you can see in the pictures in attachment I had some issues with this room too:
•large and dirty stains on the ceiling of the room (see picture)
•wall paper peeling off at various places
•black and rose mould in the bathroom (see picture)
•an insect (some kind of black beetle) on the curtain in front of the window (see picture). When I tried to kill it, it fell on the floor and I never found it back....
•Toilet roll almost empty and a dirty sticker just next to it (see picture). I must admit that this is a tiny detail, but do you expect this from a four star hotel?

I can say this was one of my poorest hotel stays in Toulouse due to the low actual standards (room, breakfast, friendliness of the personnel, cleanliness,..).
The conclusion of my stay at your hotel is that it offered totally no value for money. I strongly considered the breakfast as a rip-off because of the very low quality and quantity of the foods that were offered....

After reporting all these issues to the hotel manager via his personal email address, I received no answer or resonse. For me, it is clear they do not care about customer satisfaction at all.
If you want to pay for a four star hotel and stay in a two star instead, this is your hotel.
One positive thing however: the location in the city centre is great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Hotel Les Capitouls Toulouse? Share your experiences!