“Short sejour in Toulouse” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Citadines Wilson Toulouse

You added Citadines Wilson Toulouse to your Saves list
Citadines Wilson Toulouse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Blvd. de Strasbourg, 31000 Toulouse, France (Belfort)   |
Ranked #94 of 135 Hotels in Toulouse
Toulouse
“Short sejour in Toulouse”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I chose to stay in an apartment as I love cooking for myself, and being single, find it tedious going to restaurants alone for every meal. Also I have lots of likes and dislikes that cannot be catered for very easily in France so what better than to stay in Citadines, central Toulouse. I was able to walk absolutely everywhere, added to that a brilliant supermarket next door with long opening hours, and free Internet access and a decent bed and TV and for me - the highlight was a dishwasher. I hate washing up. I never wash up at home so why go on holiday and wash up. I also liked the fact that everything was included in the kitchen - including proper cutting knives, a bread board, and tin opener and of course the ubiquitous wine opener. All utensils were of high quality and everything in the kitchen and bathroom was spotless.
The staff were brilliant and extremely helpful at all times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

toulousewilson, General Manager at Citadines Wilson Toulouse, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your compliments about our serviced residence during your recent stay. Your feedback motivates us to do better to ensure that our residents have a warm and pleasant experience. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our facilities and service. We hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

We have stayed at Citadines elsewhere and like the format because you can make your own breakfasts and eat meals in when you wish. The studios have a stove top, fridge, dishwasher and plenty of dishes and cutlery. In France you can always buy excellent take away food, especially in markets, add your own bottle of wine and you can then eat very well for much less than in a restaurant. We usually eat out and in on alternate days when we stay at Citadines.
The Toulouse version had friendly staff, was well equipped and very convenient for the magnificent Victor Hugo market (6:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - closed Mondays) and a supermarket right next door. Overall, it matches Citadines we have frequented in Paris, Bordeaux and Barcelona.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Citadines Wilson Toulouse, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is great to have you stay with us. We appreciate your review and the compliments about our service and facilities. I will share your compliments with my colleagues. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you again
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I booked the Citadines hotel in Toulouse for a short break with my husband. We wanted to get a taste of Toulouse but wanted the freedom to cook our food if we fancied it. The hotel is really easy to find and is right on the edge of the best of the city. It's also close to the railway station and a metro stop is just yards away.
The staff were really polite and friendly and after a delay in getting our room cleaned we received a free upgrade from a studio to a one bed apartment. Free hot drinks were available in the lounge during our stay.
The room was basic but clean with a small kitchen which included a microwave and dishwasher. For the price I wouldn't have expected anything high quality and the room met our needs very well.
The room could do with a revamp and was a bit dated but all in all we were pleased with the hotel and would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
toulousewilson, General Manager at Citadines Wilson Toulouse, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing Citadines Toulouse-Wilson as your accommodation during your holiday in Toulouse. It is always encouraging for us to learn that our valuable residents are satisfied with our service. We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.
Petersfield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The photos on the Citadines website bear only a passing resemblance to the rooms themselves. On arrival I was shocked to see how basic the room was, only just above the level of a student study-bedroom in a hall of residence. The whole business of having to fold out the sofa bed and find the pillows etc after a long day would test the sense of humour of even the most seasoned traveller.

As others have noted, the room is only serviced once every 7 days and there is a limited set of towels to last this duration. I was there only 2 nights luckily and would object violently to having to stay there any longer. The decor in the room was basic and faded with billious yellow walls and stained carpets, not really compensated by the provision of a modern TV (only 1 or 2 English channel anyways - including the unstintingly tedious BBC World). Aircon was provided and seemed effective.

Breakfast was predictably rudimentary but adequate. Staff at the hotel were helpful enough and seemed vaguely apologetic for the tawdry rooms they are responsible for. The location in the very centre of Toulouse is handy for a good selection of bars and restaurants. Some fellow guests reported noise problems at night but I was not disturbed even though my room faced the busy main road below.

Most of the guests seemed to be people on business trips who, like me, have fallen victim of corporate travel budget slashing and are forced to stay in down-market places like this that they would never accept on a non-work related trip.

Room Tip: Find another hotel (sorry!)
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us.

At Citadines Apart’hotels, although some standard services are already included to the room rate, such as weekly housekeeping services, residents can choose other optional services, chargeable at nominal rates, based on their schedules and lifestyle preferences. Therefore, whether it is breakfast in the Residents’ Lounge or on your own, daily or weekly housekeeping with replenishment of amenities, WiFi in your living room or at the lobby, you can pick what you want and drop what you do not need. This is what makes Citadines different from the regular apartments or hotels that many of us may have grown accustomed to.
You may also like to know that some of our studios and 1-bedroom apartments are available as a Club Apartment in our serviced residence. They are available for an additional cost per night and come equipped with a daily housekeeping service that includes full housekeeping service twice a week and light service (e.g. making the bed, changing towels, emptying dust bins and replenishment of amenities) on other days. Continental breakfast is also included in the Club Apartment room rate.

Once again, we apologize that we were unable to make you feel more at home and comfortable during your recent stay. We would have loved to have been able to address your concerns while you were here and had the chance to make your stay more pleasant. We hope that you would reconsider staying with us again, giving us another opportunity to serve you better.
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Citadines was booked for me by the travel department of another company on whose behalf I was making the trip, so I was unaware that this was an "apartment hotel". Each room (or studio if you prefer) has a small kitchen with fridge, microwave, dishwasher, two cook plates and a somewhat motley collection of plates, cutlery and glasses (some of the latter you will have to use for the bathroom). There is a vacuum cleaner in the wardrobe. The bathroom is fully equipped and the toilet is separate. The bed is a sofa bed (which guests must pull out themselves upon arrival). Internet is by cable but free of charge and worked without any problem throughout my stay. There is a flat-screen TV and mini hi-fi. The room has combined heating and air conditioning but the weather during my stay was of the kind where you don't need either, so I cannot judge about their quality.

The rooms are distributed over the main building and another building at the back, which you reach via an (unattractive) patio. It seems from other reviews that the rooms in the main building can be quite noisy because of the boulevard. The rooms in the other building, where I was staying, were very quiet.

The apartment formula means that the rooms are only serviced once a week. For bed linen this is normal practice which I have no problem with. If you want the bed made up you have to do it yourself (OK I can live with that too - although at 125 Euros per night it does not seem unreasonable to expect otherwise). The real problem I had is that towels were also not replaced for the four nights I was there (which in my case meant at least 8 showers). Fortunately I was on my own in a double room so I had a double "ration" of towels I could use.

Being a good sleeper the sofa bed didn't bother me but I could feel quite well that I was not exactly lying on a high-class mattress. People with back problems are advised to stay away.

The hotel serves breakfast, which, however, is rudimentary for 9.50 Euros. My advice is to have breakfast in the room (there is a well-stocked mini-market next door) or in one of the cafés on the Place Wilson - a delight on a sunny morning.

In the kitchen in my room I hit another snag: no tea towels were supplied (this place clearly has a towel problem). This forced me to run the dishwasher sometimes for just one plate and two glasses - not exactly something to improve my ecological footprint.

To end on a positive note: the staff were friendly and the hotel is in a top location, close to Place Wilson, Place du Capitole and loads of restaurants. If you like the idea of having your own kitchen I can even recommend this place but not for more than say two nights, after which you'll run out of towels...

Room Tip: Rooms in the building at the back (room numbers prefixed with "D") seem to be much quieter...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

In a Citadines Apart'hotel, residents get to enjoy the comfort of living in an apartment with an efficient use of space while enjoying the convenience of a hotel. Although some standard services are already included to the room rate (such as once-a-week housekeeping service), residents can choose other optional services, chargeable at nominal rates, based on their schedules and lifestyle preferences. Daily housekeeping service and breakfast in the lounge are some of the optional services that we offer.

As part of our concept in efficient use of space, sofa beds are used to help maximize the living space in the studios. Nevertheless, we have been listening to our residents’ feedback and we are pleased to share that we are replacing the sofa beds with regular beds in phases. Should a regular bed be preferred, our residents can make a request for an apartment with regular twin or double bed configuration.
We appreciate your review as your feedback helps us to improve our product and services to meet the needs and expectation of our residents. Thank you also for your compliments about our service and facilities. We hope to welcome you again soon.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

Run from the hotel please don't come near it . The staff are not helpful . The hotel is three star but I say it is one star really. They don't clean your room and the floor are discusting if you walk your leg will be black the room is tiny the bed is small. The A/C is all dusty.

My son has allergy from the rooms. This is my first time in three star hotel and it was really bad. But the location is good.

I don't recommend this terrible hotel.

• Stayed July 2011
Yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I didn't want to rate this place "Average", but it wasn't quite "very good" The main hotel was very clean & well maintained however our room could have done with a bit more of a deep clean! The sofa & carpets were both quite stained in places & the stairs and hard surfaces were all very dusty. However the important parts; the beds, toilet, shower/bath & sink were all spotless so I can't complain there!

Having a kitchenette was very helpful, particularly being a vegetarian on holiday in France! It had everything we needed really, the only thing I would comment on is the lack of pans! We only had a really tiny milk pan or a HUGE casserole pan!

The staff were lovely & very helpful, they spoke excellent English & showed us where all the local mini markets were. The location of the hotel is really good.

On a side note, if you're in Toulouse on a Sunday, the street Flea Markets are really worth a visit!

Room Tip: We were on the very top floor & couldn't hear any traffic noise at all from the road below.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Citadines Wilson Toulouse? Share your experiences!