“travel from Lourdes to South of France” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 14 Attractions in Lourdes
Type: Religious Sites, Cultural
Adelaide, Australia
“travel from Lourdes to South of France”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Can anyone assist with best way of travelling between Lourdes and Nice.Is train the easiest way? coming from Paris with Bullett train.

Visited February 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Cairns, Australia
64 attraction reviews
“What is all the hype about?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Heard so much about Lourdes we just had to see it. Arriving in November it was just a sleepy old town. Easy to find a hotel and the souvenir shops were mostly closed. Took 2 goes to find the right church. I the lower section the mosaics were truly spectacular. Upstairs it was very muffle and difficult to see in the smoke and had to run out to take a fresh breath of air.
Outside there was times of total absence of visitors. Had the holy figure come back nobody would have see her. Caretakers were burning heaps of imperfect candles just behind the candle holders. Crossed it off the list and ticked off in my head. Hard to believe they call it the second most visited place in France. headed off to the city of Condom for some fun, not all that far.

Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Therese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I felt so privileged and blessed to be able to participate in all activities at the Sanctuary. It was wonderful to pray at the Grotto to thank our Lady for the many graces I received over the years. In my previous trip, as I got a bad angina, I walked in the Bath towards our Lady to pray her to cure it. And all the sudden I felt well again. I always bring home water from Lourdes. I felt emotional every time I walked the ways of the Cross.

Visited January 2013
Makati, Philippines
14 attraction reviews
“Amazing, Amazing and Just Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Our eight-hour train ride from Paris to Lourdes was really tiring! But as soon as we get off the train, there was magic. There's something in the town that makes you feel good. It must be the wind, the atmosphere and the people who were so kind.

The church is so beautiful, like a castle. And the scenery is wonderful. You'll see different people, different race, from different walks of life, all there in one purpose -- seeking for blessing and graces from God through St. Bernadette. Too bad, we only stayed one day. I wish we could have stayed longer.

Visited March 2012
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“A Dream Come True”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I made a trip to Lourdes along with a group from Mumbai. When I learnt that Lourdes was on the Agenda of this Group to West Europe I immediately got my passport done. Being a Catholic I always wanted to visit this place. We had only two days in Lourdes. Everything was a rush, the Rosary procession, the multinational mass, the station of the cross, the baths and ofcourse the confession. We were lucky to hear an English Mass at the Grotto itself. I spent as much time as I could at the Grotto itself worrying Mother Mary for what I wanted. I asked for practically everything I could think of. Good heath, Peace in my home etc etc. I wanted a Spiritual Director of my Legion of Mary Praseidum. Just before I left the Grotto I told Mother Mary that I was not happy that I was not able to see St. Bernadette's body as my group leader said it was not on the Agenda. We worried him a lot but he was not ready to let us got to the convent to see St. Bernadette. So my last prayer at the Grotto was to St. Bernadette. I have come miles to see this place please let me see you and I told Mother Mary that I wished to see St. Bernadette and if she could make it possible. Next day we moved out of France and went to Garabandal for our onward trip. While we were in Paris on our last couple of days, our Leader of our Group told us that we would be going to Neves to see St. Bernadette. I was overjoyed and so was my whole group. I just want to tell everyone. Mother Mary loves us all and when we talk to her she hears us. go with your problems to her she will listen to you.

Visited March 2012