“Lovely people and tasty, healthy food” 4 of 5 stars

Place de la halle, Cordes-sur-Ciel, France
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Moncton
“Lovely people and tasty, healthy food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

It was almost closing time on a rainy night when I stumbled into this restaurant, one of the only restaurants still open. I ordered a take-out meal as my hotel was only a minute away and the interior ambience felt too parochial for my taste, on this dreary evening.

I was impressed by the fact that they were able to make a lovely salad and that their soup was Vegan. I was even more impressed by the fact that they trusted me with real plates, glasses and cutlery. It made such a difference on this damp and inhospitable evening.

The food was very tasty and under different circumstances I would have no issue with dinning at this restaurant, as I believe the couple running it are the owners and really seem to care about their customers: from plain but healthy foods, as well as plain but hospitable treatment. Something that I have not found very often while travelling through southern France nor do I fail to appreciate it when I encounter it.

• Visited April 2013